Subwoofers

Mikro782

no worries, I remember what I had for my first system and even just the deadener recommendation would have helped me out so much. you need any help on how to install it or use that damplifier so it works the best let me know

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

no worries, I remember what I had for my first system and even just the deadener recommendation would have helped me out so much. you need any help on how to install it or use that damplifier so it works the best let me know

alright sweet ill be sure to. thanks for all the help

• 5 months later...

SA-12, is great, but isnt that good for SQ, it dips pretty bad below 40hz, i recommend the Hivi SP10 10", 1.3ft^3 at 23hz gives it a f3 of roughly 22hz, if you use 12 sq.in. of port, roughly 43" long.

if what i said sounds like a terrible setup, you know nothing about SQ.

if you want to go the 4th order route, i'd do it in 1.5ft^3 sealed, .5ft^3 ported, tuned to 47hz, with 24sq.in. of port area. no acoustic stuffing in either chamber, should get you to a bandwidth of roughly 38hz.

this was all based off of giving it rated RMS power.

oh, and please never the the words Fi and SQ in the same paragraph again. :)

just saw how old this thread is, lol, oops. oh well, that was a good time waster.

Getting bass into the cabin of a W124 mercedes is impossible.

Current setup:

Temp 1999 panasonic HU

rockford 300.2 for fronts

rockford 200.2 for rears

rockford 400.1 for sub

Leaning towards a 8" in an exponential horn

DAMN YOU GERMANS AND YOUR 5" SPEAKERS!

Such a fail bump, but something surprised me about this thread. Korey, you were brig very helpful! this must have been before you got tired of peoples shit, ha? And I'm not saying that in a sarcastic way, I just haven't seen post like those from you since I've been on here.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

SA-12, is great, but isnt that good for SQ, it dips pretty bad below 40hz, i recommend the Hivi SP10 10", 1.3ft^3 at 23hz gives it a f3 of roughly 22hz, if you use 12 sq.in. of port, roughly 43" long.

if what i said sounds like a terrible setup, you know nothing about SQ.

if you want to go the 4th order route, i'd do it in 1.5ft^3 sealed, .5ft^3 ported, tuned to 47hz, with 24sq.in. of port area. no acoustic stuffing in either chamber, should get you to a bandwidth of roughly 38hz.

this was all based off of giving it rated RMS power.

oh, and please never the the words Fi and SQ in the same paragraph again. :)

just saw how old this thread is, lol, oops. oh well, that was a good time waster.

if you give box specs with out knowing the car or mids to blend with you know nothing about sq

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

The question is - for SQ in an automobile why are you looking at an F3 of 23 hz anechoic when it will be in a vehicle ? There is a reason you see that response from a home audio woofer -- there is much less transfer function. In a car you will end up with a tremendously exaggerated bottom end and NOT a flat response.

As for the SA-12 not being great for SQ -- while it may not be an ultimate reference SQ driver it does have many aspects that lead to an overall low distortion rate -- included fairly high x-max (19mm one-way), a suspension capable of matching the magnetic excursion (20mm), and also a nice even Le curve thanks to dual shorting rings.

See Klippel data :

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/BL_CURVE/Klippel/SA-12_D2_SR.jpg

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Archived