Sonic Electronix

question about aux in adapter

i ordered an aux in adapter with an ipod plug and 3.5mm jack for my alpine cda 7839. i am curious how the 3.5mm plug on it would work because in the photo it shows two wires and an ipod plug. any ideas of how it would work? http://www.provantage.com/metra-aal-ip-aux~7MTRC03F.htm

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

i ordered an aux in adapter with an ipod plug and 3.5mm jack for my alpine cda 7839. i am curious how the 3.5mm plug on it would work because in the photo it shows two wires and an ipod plug. any ideas of how it would work?

All i see in the pic is an Ipod plug. the adapter goes into the head unit. The red wire goes to a switched 12v source, like the Remote turn on from ur head unit, and the black goes to chassis ground, the power charge the ipod.... BUT USB is 5v, so i'm not sure why u'd connect it to 12v...best thing to do is read the installation manual.

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

All i see in the pic is an Ipod plug. the adapter goes into the head unit. The red wire goes to a switched 12v source, like the Remote turn on from ur head unit, and the black goes to chassis ground, the power charge the ipod.... BUT USB is 5v, so i'm not sure why u'd connect it to 12v...best thing to do is read the installation manual.

Well, you certainly can't make power from nothing... It just turns the 12 volt in into 5 volt out through resistors and whatnot, not exactly rocket surgery. :pardon:

And the red wire should just get hooked up to the yellow wire from the head unit wiring harness, so you can charge your iPod even when the car is off. Unless you want it to only be on then the car is on, in which case you'd hook it up to the red wire.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Well, you certainly can't make power from nothing... It just turns the 12 volt in into 5 volt out through resistors and whatnot, not exactly rocket surgery. :pardon:

And the red wire should just get hooked up to the yellow wire from the head unit wiring harness, so you can charge your iPod even when the car is off. Unless you want it to only be on then the car is on, in which case you'd hook it up to the red wire.

well it said it also had a 3.5 mm plug, so im guessing its just a different picture or somebody's an idiot and just added it to the description.but it was like that on every site i looked at. and i didnt know it needed a power in so thanks for telling me.but if you dont use the ipod plug do you still need to wire power to it?

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

I don't see anywhere that they're could be any circuitry within that cable...certainly not inside the 30-pin side of it, if you've ever opened one up... REGARDLESS why would not just read the manual?? You don't need to be hooking your $200 ipod up to the wrong voltage...

2009 Cobalt LT

Pioneer Headunit

2x Pioneer 6 1/2 (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 1" tweeters (stock amp)

2x Pioneer 6x9 (stock amp

4x Pioneer 6 1/2

Pioneer GM-6400F

Soundstream DTR 1700 R.I.P

2x Champion series PRO 12" subs

0 AWG Big 3, Stinger SP1700 battery

To come:

New or repaired DTR!!

I don't see anywhere that they're could be any circuitry within that cable...certainly not inside the 30-pin side of it, if you've ever opened one up... REGARDLESS why would not just read the manual?? You don't need to be hooking your $200 ipod up to the wrong voltage...

i dont own an ipod i bought the cord because it said it had a 3.5 mm aux plug and i havent got it in yet.

i dont own an ipod i bought the cord because it said it had a 3.5 mm aux plug and i havent got it in yet.

might want to e-mail the shipper. make sure you are getting the right part.........

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

might want to e-mail the shipper. make sure you are getting the right part.........

well i bought it off of pacparts.com which is the authorized alpine dealer. but they dont have anyway to look it up im sure and there's no service email just an order email

Archived