Sonic Electronix

Help With Strapping AQ3500's Impedance...

Just a simple question. The AQ3500 is rated at 1ohm stable, and 2ohms with the amps strapped. Now, we all know that the AQ3500's can run at .5ohms, as long as you have a speaker that is strong enough to handle this. Now, what I'm wondering is if I strap two of them together, will it be safe to run them at 1ohm, or is there more electrical things that I'm unaware of that would cause this to be extremely dangerous?

mivtCK.png

Just a simple question. The AQ3500 is rated at 1ohm stable, and 2ohms with the amps strapped. Now, we all know that the AQ3500's can run at .5ohms, as long as you have a speaker that is strong enough to handle this. Now, what I'm wondering is if I strap two of them together, will it be safe to run them at 1ohm, or is there more electrical things that I'm unaware of that would cause this to be extremely dangerous?

your gonna need great electrical to run both of them at .5 ohm strapped... the amp at 1 ohm does use about 380 amp according the audioque website. so too strapped is prob right a 450- 475 amps of current draw.. so u may be looking at nearly a 900 amps of current draw... i dont think it really worth it.. for the minimal amount of power you gain.. and ur warranty is gone..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

you sir have been misinformed... with that much power you prob already have a woofer in mind that could handle 4k rms daily if this is daily? you need to be more concerned with the ELECTRICAL ASPECT of it as i just stated in my previous post

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

chode ran em strapped @1 ohm iirc

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Yeah, i got some subs in mind that can handle the 4k rms, and I got enough power to push out the on the electrical aspect. I'm gonna be running three 320 amp alternators, so I think that would cover the 900+ amp draw I'm gonna have. Like i said though, the amps run by themselves safely at .5ohms...so i was just curious if they would run strapped at a total of 1ohm safely. I've got the alternators, amps, wires, etc...i just haven't ordered the subs yet. I just wanted to make sure that they would run safely before I place my orders and decide on what ohms to get my voice coils at.

mivtCK.png

I run mine .5 ohm strapped when I burp ONLY!!! Still get some volt drop as seen in this video, now granted my xs batts had been sitting for like 3 weeks and were low, but still with the quad alt kit under the hood, 900+ amps of current out of the alts, still got some drop and they won't play music at .5 strapped, just burp. Edited by AMI CUSTOMS

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

chode ran em strapped @1 ohm iirc

nick, also operated a 14 volt system charging at 16 volts... i wouldnt recommend it if you dont have that.. or a huge 12 volt system

Yeah, i got some subs in mind that can handle the 4k rms, and I got enough power to push out the on the electrical aspect. I'm gonna be running three 320 amp alternators, so I think that would cover the 900+ amp draw I'm gonna have. Like i said though, the amps run by themselves safely at .5ohms...so i was just curious if they would run strapped at a total of 1ohm safely. I've got the alternators, amps, wires, etc...i just haven't ordered the subs yet. I just wanted to make sure that they would run safely before I place my orders and decide on what ohms to get my voice coils at.

what subs are you looking at.. running them at 2 ohms strapped give you about 7.5k, how much more power do you need that that

Well it can be done even with as little as 2 D3100's and 1 D3400 and one 220 amp alt, I did for about 1 month competing, only went to two shows like that, but still they held together, you drop to 10.5 almost instantly tho...LOL

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db