How To Properly Fuse Amps and Rear Batteries

Did it Help  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Did this Guide Help You?

• Yes - Thanks :D
    • No - Still Confused :( (Post Why So I Can Help)
    • Didn't Need the Help (Already Know How)
    • I am stupid! Why am I here?

That is no where near fucking sarcasm.

No you wanted another profesional explanation. This is all truth and fact and how it would work when an amp gets damaged.

This is text book stuff here. Now you are proving to all of us that you have almost NO idea of how electricity works.

If you can not comprehend this then honestly you really don't need to be part of this forum as you don't have any idea how electricity works or flows.

Dude I'm done with you. You have concentration issues and are struggling with reading and comprehending and when I try and give you a legit answer you can't handle it.

I'm done with you and if you weren't such a know it all. Exspecially when you are wrong. I just can't stand you because you seem to be a teenager and a wanna be.

I have given you about 4 reasons to add a fuse at the amps and your reading comprehension skills are worthless and I bet you are a teenager also.

I'm sorry but you'll struggle to find anyone with a clue about basic electronics who would ever agree with most of the nonsense you've come up with in this thread.

I would very strongly suggest you do a lot more research before attempting to offer advice.

Yes because fuses do not blow with out heat. You just proved HOW FUCKING DUMB YOU ARE.

the heat is generated because the fuse has 1/10th the area of the cable its protecting.

its the point in the circuit with the most resistance, therefore it gets hottest.

the cable doesn't have to get hot for the fuse to blow, thats just silly!

on another note, I've pulled 110amps through 10ga (35amp?) cable before for minutes at a time without any issues.

strangely the cable didn't catch on fire?

Some one quoted this site before. It's a good read on fusing, not so much on multi-battery setups. Here is a link so everyone can get the full scope, not the quote out of context that we got earlier.

Bcae1 Fusing

Here is a little something from that site.

fuse01.gif

Notice one fuse between the battery and amp. That's how it's done period, regardless if the amp has built in fuses or not.

In before lock. :P

I wish you was rite here close because I just want to cause physical harm to you so bad because you are actually so fucking dumb.

I hate that these fucking high school kids have gotten onto our forum.

I'm fucking done with you and this thread.

Just like you telling another kid to run his amps at .5 ohm. which is such a bad idea.

I'm going to try and get you banned if I can because you don't need to be advizeing people here.

So give us your resume since you think you are such hot shit.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Some one quoted this site before. It's a good read on fusing, not so much on multi-battery setups. Here is a link so everyone can get the full scope, not the quote out of context that we got earlier.

Bcae1 Fusing

Here is a little something from that site.

fuse01.gif

Notice one fuse between the battery and amp. That's how it's done period, regardless if the amp has built in fuses or not.

In before lock. :P

:o you're not disagreeing with ISO now are you? cos he's like god or something :werd_msword:

if he was actually civil about it, I'm sure he would be able to understand if he was only willing to learn.

I wish you was rite here close because I just want to cause physical harm to you so bad because you are actually so fucking dumb.

Just like you telling another kid to run his amps at .5 ohm. which is such a bad idea.

I'm going to try and get you banned if I can because you don't need to be advizeing people here.

see, its your comprehension and reading that fails you.

but thats fine, we all make mistakes :)

I'm not having a go at you at all, I just think it would be best if you did a bit more learning before you offered advice, because thats how incorrect information gets spread.

That is no where near fucking sarcasm.

No you wanted another profesional explanation. This is all truth and fact and how it would work when an amp gets damaged.

This is text book stuff here. Now you are proving to all of us that you have almost NO idea of how electricity works.

If you can not comprehend this then honestly you really don't need to be part of this forum as you don't have any idea how electricity works or flows.

Dude I'm done with you. You have concentration issues and are struggling with reading and comprehending and when I try and give you a legit answer you can't handle it.

I'm done with you and if you weren't such a know it all. Exspecially when you are wrong. I just can't stand you because you seem to be a teenager and a wanna be.

I have given you about 4 reasons to add a fuse at the amps and your reading comprehension skills are worthless and I bet you are a teenager also.

I'm sorry but you'll struggle to find anyone with a clue about basic electronics who would ever agree with most of the nonsense you've come up with in this thread.

I would very strongly suggest you do a lot more research before attempting to offer advice.

Buddy I have 16 years of hands on research. I have been a part of things that have really happened. I have watched electronics behave fairly crazy. I have watch shit blow up that I never would have thought would blow up.

I have dealt with things that you can't read about in books.

I had the oppurtunety to be at the DB drag world finals with my shop and team. I have dealt with vehicles that would do 173 DB over and over again.

I help with our other truck that did 162 db and 164 db depending on what subs we put in it.

I have more real world experience then you could ever dream of bud.

So don't question my abilities man because at 30 years old I have done things that you are probably still dreaming of.

Hell my own vehicle was doing 139db with one 10 inch Kicker L7 legal, with only 500 to 700 watts

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Buddy I have 16 years of hands on research. I have been a part of things that have really happened. I have watched electronics behave fairly crazy. I have watch shit blow up that I never would have thought would blow up.

I have dealt with things that you can't read about in books.

I had the oppurtunety to be at the DB drag world finals with my shop and team. I have dealt with vehicles that would do 173 DB over and over again.

I help with our other truck that did 162 db and 164 db depending on what subs we put in it.

I have more real world experience then you could ever dream of bud.

So don't question my abilities man because at 30 years old I have done things that you are probably still dreaming of.

Hell my own vehicle was doing 139db with one 10 inch Kicker L7 legal, with only 500 to 700 watts

you're for real aren't you...

oh well, I'll keep an eye on your posts in future and hopefully there's no more misleading advice given :)

thanks for your time, and happy...something?

not sure why you're proud of 139dB, but thats cool.

see, its your comprehension and reading that fails you.

but thats fine, we all make mistakes :)

I'm not having a go at you at all, I just think it would be best if you did a bit more learning before you offered advice, because thats how incorrect information gets spread.

you said this

But you have not looked me up here on SMD to figure out why I have such a good reputation so there you go again making stuff up as you go.

At one point or another I have been respected by everyone here that holds a high up position at one time or another(yes I'm tired of spelling cause Im in a big hurry to leave. and I have a car rite outside that proves what I'm capable of.

You are a noob and I'm a vet.

Why not just call almost every manufacture RF,Kicker ,Sundown and ask them the same question that you are asking me.

Terryswork001.png

you said this

But you have not looked me up here on SMD to figure out why I have such a good reputation so there you go again making stuff up as you go.

At one point or another I have been respected by everyone here that holds a high up position at one time or another(yes I'm tired of spelling cause Im in a big hurry to leave. and I have a car rite outside that proves what I'm capable of.

You are a noob and I'm a vet.

Why not just call almost every manufacture RF,Kicker ,Sundown and ask them the same question that you are asking me.

I've read some of your posts? you've convinced me of nothing, but keep talking yourself up, thats fine.

what car do you have right outside that proves what you're capable of? obviously I can't see it from here.

Archived