Second Skin Audio

Which subs for my SD 5k?

Purchased my SD 5k a couple days ago! :yahoo:

I'm debating on whether to buy 2 18's or 4 15's...4 18's 8) ? (If they would fit)

Basically, I'm looking to build a wall on a budget.

I was just looking for some advice as to which subs could handle the amp without killing my wallet too badly.

I really wanna hit the lows and move some air (and hair).

It's all going in a 4 door s10 Blazer.

As always, thanks for the help guys.

-98' Ford Expedition (Rest in Peace)

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Wall that bish! You deff can fit 4 18s... What kinda money you trying to spend?

99 2dr Blazer

Kenwood KVT-614

SounDigital SD16k

4 Fi BTL 18s

4 hertz high energy 6.5s comps

4 stock ad244 alts

6 g31s batts

8 runs 0ga

sdandfibanner.png

Thanks for the replies, guys. Being somewhat new to car audio, my decision will depend heavily on the advice from my fellow SMD guys.

Oh, this will definitely be a wall build. I have no intentions of doing anything other than a wall.

The Level 5's have crossed my mind, of course..but I NEED something cheaper. I really can't afford them at the moment.

I still have to buy EVERYTHING after the subs (batteries are next, then alternator, then wiring and shit, then box materials and whatever is left)

I guess that I don't have a set budget... although I definitely don't want to hurt my wallet too bad. I want to have this thing playing by summer, at least.

I guess it comes down to the best deal for subs that can sufficiently handle the power they will be seeing EVERYDAY.

I prefer to have 4 subs that can handle ~1300+ RMS, as opposed to 2 subs at ~2500+RMS. But in the end it will come down to whatever I can get the best deal on.

Edited by That1Kid

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.

Thanks for the replies, guys. Being somewhat new to car audio, my decision will depend heavily on the advice from my fellow SMD guys.

Oh, this will definitely be a wall build. I have no intentions of doing anything other than a wall.

The Level 5's have crossed my mind, of course..but I NEED something cheaper. I really can't afford them at the moment.

I still have to buy EVERYTHING after the subs (batteries are next, then alternator, then wiring and shit, then box materials and whatever is left)

I guess that I don't have a set budget... although I definitely don't want to hurt my wallet too bad. I want to have this thing playing by summer, at least.

I guess it comes down to the best deal for subs that can sufficiently handle the power they will be seeing EVERYDAY.

I prefer to have 4 subs that can handle ~1300+ RMS, as opposed to 2 subs at ~2500+RMS. But in the end it will come down to whatever I can get the best deal on.

If you want to buy other quality your SD smoke them in monthes, but maby if them still there, these would work for you.

The lvl 5 offer is a steal, if you can afford the money in any way, get the lvl 5. Better to let them sitting 2 month at home, to save

up for the boxmaterials, than cheap things.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Dual DC XL or Fi BTLs can like that amp.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

2 ia warden 21s

2009 Buick Lucerne CXL, Sundown SAZ-3000d,Sundown SAX 100.4,2 Shuriken SK-BT80 (80ah batts),Mechman Custom Alt (specs to be determined),Hybrid Audio Technologies Imagine I61-2,T3 Audio t2000 (2 12s) , JVC KWHDR720 (doubledin headunit w/iPhone adapter) , SecondSkin Damplifier Pro/ Speaker Tweakers......Build in progress but I have all equipment and Enclosure is going to be around 5 net @ 35hz

Leaning towards 4 t.1000 15's or 4 level 4 18's. Anyone know if either of these could handle ~1300-1500 rms all day? I know that's pretty far over their rated rms...but I am also aware that t3 and dc make beefy ass subs and under-rate them.

As always, thanks for the advice guys.

-AVH-P3300BT

-Crescendo BC5500

-4 18" DC m2 Level 3.