Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

What are ohms?


Skittles

Ohms  

38 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you know what ohms are?



Recommended Posts

Posted

whats ARE ohms. i have no idea. can u get a woofer with no ohms? how much are ohms? expensive? have heavy are they. from what planet do they come from. whats their mass. main element?

Slow down there son. "Ohms" are NOTHING to stress about. There are plenty of woofer options available with no "ohms." You can get ohm-free, 1-ohm, 11-ohm, and some companies offer subwoofers with up to 1,000 ohms! Don't be scared! Now, the price of "ohms" vary as well. Sony is a great brand to acquire these "ohms" for the low. ;) How heavy? Well, that all depepnds on your perception of "heavy" exactly. "Ohms" can be as light as a tinsel lead, or even as heavy as that feeling of guilt when your grandmother asks why you haven't visited in 3 months... Planet? C'mon man, is that rhetorical? Do you not watch the news? Mass can becalculated when you receive the product, derrr. Elementally? ... I'm starting to think you are not being serious?

/sarcastic response between classes.

wow :lol:

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

aaaaaaah shiiiiiiiit. im stressing now. the clip warned me about this. everyone hind in yall basement the ohm are getting really to set their master plan to overload all woofers in america! the government is behind this to stop car audio noise pollution!!!!!

lolol

Tom Tucker: Hello I am Tom Tucker, in today's news the government is issuing all auto body shop crates of ohms to install into motor vehicles during routine inspections. And now to Ollie Williams for the weather report, Ollie?

Ollie: It gon' be quiet. (In a whispering voice.)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Posted

If you dont know what an Ohm is, you need to take your shit back to the redneck mall (wal-mart) and never ever touch ANY wiring. LMMFAO

1998 Plymouth Voyager (daily)

Jensen VM9213 H.U. (I Know but I havent had any problems.... yet)

5.25" Factory -> Sound Stream SST5.2

6x9 Hifonics ZXi 693 -> Sound Stream SST6.9

Amp: Class D: Crescendo 3KWP (x2)

Class A/B: Crescendo 1000C4

Sub: Almani S-7 10" (x6)

Posted

If you dont know what an Ohm is, you need to take your shit back to the redneck mall (wal-mart) and never ever touch ANY wiring. LMMFAO

Well, not necessarily sir. Knowing the term "ohm" and the fact that it is the standard unitary measure of resistance and common termed factor when speaking wiring configurations in a subwoofer, sure. But there are a lot of people that will go through system after system and still not fully understand the idea and total concept behind them. My first setup, with two old school Petra Prowlers off of 500wrms, I did a 142 sealed. A fairly respectable score, and I hadn't a clue in Hell that I had my subs wired to a 2-ohm load on a 4-ohm stable Visonik amplifier. lol I got my recognition, and found the right people to help me grasp a better understanding. He just needs to do a bit more research and spend some more time on the site and he'll be just fine. ;)

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Posted

If you dont know what an Ohm is, you need to take your shit back to the redneck mall (wal-mart) and never ever touch ANY wiring. LMMFAO

or just do a google search. could have saved himself the embarrassment. this should get a sticky for "why you need to search first"

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

Ohms is what happens when you make the O face O O O you know what I am talking about!!!!

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

Posted

aaaaaaah shiiiiiiiit. im stressing now. the clip warned me about this. everyone hind in yall basement the ohm are getting really to set their master plan to overload all woofers in america! the government is behind this to stop car audio noise pollution!!!!!

lolol

Tom Tucker: Hello I am Tom Tucker, in today's news the government is issuing all auto body shop crates of ohms to install into motor vehicles during routine inspections. And now to Ollie Williams for the weather report, Ollie?

Ollie: It gon' be quiet. (In a whispering voice.)

I won't be able to live in quietness!

Posted

If you dont know what an Ohm is, you need to take your shit back to the redneck mall (wal-mart) and never ever touch ANY wiring. LMMFAO

Well, not necessarily sir. Knowing the term "ohm" and the fact that it is the standard unitary measure of resistance and common termed factor when speaking wiring configurations in a subwoofer, sure. But there are a lot of people that will go through system after system and still not fully understand the idea and total concept behind them. My first setup, with two old school Petra Prowlers off of 500wrms, I did a 142 sealed. A fairly respectable score, and I hadn't a clue in Hell that I had my subs wired to a 2-ohm load on a 4-ohm stable Visonik amplifier. lol I got my recognition, and found the right people to help me grasp a better understanding. He just needs to do a bit more research and spend some more time on the site and he'll be just fine. ;)

Im not embarassed at all. Im 18, and im learning. Thats life, but yall aint gotta be assholes dang. I just joined, i dont know how to search, or i would have. Like this dude says, people go through systems without knowing exactly what ohms are, and like i said, im learning. So chill out, and stop gettin on my ass. Dang, simple question doesnt have to turn into a witch-hunt. Christ.

Skittlez was here :P

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 450 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...