Sonic Electronix

like whats said in the description, 18ga to 0000 ga what do you guys think is better crimp or solder? let me know trying to get some ideas?

it depends on what i am doing. most of the time with speaker wire, 14awg and under, i just crimp. 8awg and up i crimp then solder the terminal on.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

would you recommend soldering 4 and 0 gauge? or compress crimp ? do they both have equal connection quality or is soldering better electrical connection?

reason i ask is because some people say its better to compress crimp large wire and some say soldering is better would like to clear it up with some heavy veteran bass heads :-) something i am not yet

soldering with pure silver is best and is most conductive and i would recommend soldering 4 and 0ga wire usually if the solder joint is good solder has better conductivity in general

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I personally solder everything but speaker wire...

Its cheaper for me to because i have the propane torch already all i had to do was buy solder and propane which was like $8 total

wouldnt pure silver solder be very expensive ??

yeah its more expensive but you gotta pay for the best... most solder has silver in it just look for the lead/silver/tin % on the label

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

Archived