Second Skin Audio

ram designs

pittross

well i just ask cuz ive been looking for one for 2 10s under the seat,sealed, facing up. ive found one but there is no room for the amp in the center cuz the box takes up the whole space. if you ever get around to messing with that id get one.

well i just ask cuz ive been looking for one for 2 10s under the seat,sealed, facing up. ive found one but there is no room for the amp in the center cuz the box takes up the whole space. if you ever get around to messing with that id get one.

You could probably go to a local shop and grab a prefab box for ~$120, and cut the middle out. Then just seal each side up so you have two separate boxes that'll fit in those little storage areas under the seat, and voila, you have yourself some room under the rear seat to mount your amp. I don't know how much that'd cut down on volume, but sealed boxes are pretty forgiving.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

prefabs are for noobs :P

someone who builds boxes themselves, should promote building one for themselves if you dont want to help them design or build it, prefabs are a generalization for subs and if thats what he wanted he prolly would have already done something like that, because prefabs are everywhere for any way you need them to be

prefabs are for noobs :P

someone who builds boxes themselves, should promote building one for themselves if you dont want to help them design or build it, prefabs are a generalization for subs and if thats what he wanted he prolly would have already done something like that, because prefabs are everywhere for any way you need them to be

There's nothing wrong with the majority or sealed prefab boxes, especially for small subs. So long as they're sealed well and don't flex, what's the issue? There's no big trick behind a good sealed box, just volume and structural integrity. Plus, he already said that he found a box, but that he needed space between the subs to mount his amp. I just made a suggestion as to how he could accomplish that without having to go into a local shop and pay out the butt for something they have to custom fabricate.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived