Sonic Electronix

Issues With Flip Up in a Tahoe?

I have a 1997 Tahoe, and anyone with a late 90's model chevrolet knows that the column shifter is pretty close to the face of the radio. I want a touch screen, and I'm afraid this will cause some issues. These chevrolets did not come equipped to fit a double din, therefore I'd have to fab my own setup or buy a custom made one. So in turn, I was looking at a single din flip up. But would the column shifter get in the way of it properly coming out? If anyone has tried this, please help me out before I go spending money on something I can't use.

mivtCK.png

do you have the over drive button in the end of the shifter?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

find how tall the screen is then see if there is more than that distance to the shifter. it needs to come out all the way before flipping up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

my friend has a tahoe and he said it does hit sometimes, but its only when it in drive or parking not 100% sure and you hit the "open" button for the screen to come up.

IMO it kinda of a problem wouldn't keep me from buying one, what i would do is manually open it everytime and leave it open most of the time.

i say go for it :good:

I have a 1997 Tahoe, and anyone with a late 90's model chevrolet knows that the column shifter is pretty close to the face of the radio. I want a touch screen, and I'm afraid this will cause some issues. These chevrolets did not come equipped to fit a double din, therefore I'd have to fab my own setup or buy a custom made one. So in turn, I was looking at a single din flip up. But would the column shifter get in the way of it properly coming out? If anyone has tried this, please help me out before I go spending money on something I can't use.

yes it will hit it...

just get a double din

also i would suggest removing half the crap off or sig....

theres just too much

"yes... it will play like that all day!"

yes it will hit it...

just get a double din

also i would suggest removing half the crap off or sig....

theres just too much

considering he's a gold member he can have whatever he wants there. If you have an issue report the post. Don't rent a mod.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

i know they make a short billet shifter for the 99-06 models. so they make one for your year truck...

http://billetin.com/chevy_column_shifter_dvd_9906.html

old set up

Alpine IDA-X305S

Memphis M-Class 4x6"

Focal Access 6.5"

Hifonics BRZ2100.1D

2x DC Audio Lvl 4 15's

Big 3, DR44 Alt, Yellow Top

http://www.youtube.com/user/SicNoma003

Archived