Might get used car. Got a question

However, In wisconsin, if you have the bill of sale and a title you're usually good.

I think this has changed now with the mandatory insurance. You are supposed to call your insurance provider and inform them of the purchased car before you drive it home. That's what my brother had to do when he got his Jetta last summer. Bill of sale works for the plates but they WILL give you an insurance ticket if you don't call the company.

gotchya, lol, thats funny because my sister also bought a jetta last summer. come to think of it we did call the insurance co. before we bought it, but only to make sure all was good. they just said not to worry, and if anything happened it would be covered, as we have three other cars insured through them. I guess if you do get an insurance ticket though, as long as you can provide proof of insurance within a certain peroid the ticket goes away. kind of like a fix-it ticket.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

in illinois the law says you have 30 days to get insurance. so if you have some proof of when you bought the car you can not get a ticket for no insurance..... i dont know where your from but look up the law...

in the state of kansas if you get rid of a vehicle and buy another one you can put the tags from the old car on the new car and you have 30 days to transfer the tags over. i believe missouri is the same way (not 100% sure on that tho). most cops will cut some slack on the insurence if you show them the bill of sale and they can see that you just bought it. also make sure you carry the registration from the old car with you so that you can prove that the tag isnt stolen. but as long as you arnt stupid with the car on the way home the cops shouldnt have any reason to pull you over. most cops here in kansas are laid back mofo's.

Edited by Bass_Man_2010

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc