OT: server rack build

You have the right plan it sounds like man. Just keep in mind that management is less stressful than running the systems. Being lower on the pole is definitely more fun, but sooner or later you're bound to want more cash. Just try to remember (if you want to keep it fun) that if you think about working somewhere big make sure you are part of a team.

On a related note, as Nate said I wasn't trying to turn you against computers, just telling you how it is for myself as well as the guys I know. ;) If you don't want to get that way I would guess the first piece of advice I would give is stay the hell away from big companies :P

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

You have the right plan it sounds like man. Just keep in mind that management is less stressful than running the systems. Being lower on the pole is definitely more fun, but sooner or later you're bound to want more cash. Just try to remember (if you want to keep it fun) that if you think about working somewhere big make sure you are part of a team.

On a related note, as Nate said I wasn't trying to turn you against computers, just telling you how it is for myself as well as the guys I know. ;) If you don't want to get that way I would guess the first piece of advice I would give is stay the hell away from big companies :P

true that lol. I work for a big one and its balls to the wall and chaos all day. one missed SLA (service level agreement) can result in 250k dollar penalties. it can get out of control quick. Its also much easier for the scumbags who dont know shit to slip through and blend.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

filler post tell UPS comes.

DSCN0865.JPG

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

box by DL Designz 2.8^3ft @ 32hz

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

front stage - polk momo's

1/0 pos and neg runs to the back.

a crap ton of sound deading from secondskin.

143DB sealed on the windshield.

build log

yeah, i have heard about the team thing, seems like it would be more fun in general. i know a few guys at secure works, may be fun to work with them or Scott Moulton for a while, he has a lot of Knowledge i want to have on hard drives and other storage media.

i would probably spend a year in a big company just to see what its like, maybe some time playing with the Gov. and i know you guys weren't trying to be dicks, was just a crappie ish day, and you cant hear voice tone in text so my brain fucks with me.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

true that lol. I work for a big one and its balls to the wall and chaos all day. one missed SLA (service level agreement) can result in 250k dollar penalties. it can get out of control quick. Its also much easier for the scumbags who dont know shit to slip through and blend.

that sounds like a bitch, and i would blame HR for hiring suckie people and turning away people that don't interview well but have high skill lvl.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

ip address please ?

:ph34r:

why do you need an IP adress?

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

UPS came to day and brought me some toys.

main server case

DSCN0866.JPG

inside

DSCN0867.JPG

back end of the hot swap bays

DSCN0868.JPG

case for the backup server

DSCN0869.JPG

with door open

DSCN0870.JPG

inside

DSCN0871.JPG

bar removed

DSCN0872.JPG

spare server case loaded up

DSCN0873.JPG

on the rack

DSCN0874.JPG

dam video card would not fit, pissed me off a little bit.

DSCN0875.JPG

found one that would fit

DSCN0876.JPG

started wondering if i could even get this PSU in the case.

DSCN0877.JPG

it fit, hear is every thing in the case, also added the plates that cover the expatiation slots

but for got to take a picture of that.

DSCN0878.JPG

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

camera battery died on me last picture will be up soon.

15" FI Q @ 1600 watts

saz-3000D @2 ohms

sax-100.2 @4 ohms

build log

Archived