Second Skin Audio

Need suggestions on 3 10s guys

baaudio

ive got a buddy that wants to run 3 10s in his car. its an 08 focus, currently running a 12" L7 at 4 ohms on a zx1000.1 the plan is that hes buying my amp, zx1500.1 and wants to run 3 10s on it. now he doesnt want to run mainstream gear cuz everyones seen it, he wants to run fi, dc, t3 that kinda stuff. unfortunately he wasnt able to get the money together to get a few when fi had the sale on the fi x 10s for only $55 per. so now hes asked me to figure out what he should run. looking for around 1-1.25 cubes per ported. and prolly go dual 4s or 1s. whatever gets me closest to a 2 ohm load. what are your guys suggestions? budget is around $120 per too

i thought fi x, dc lvl 2, t3.600, ia 187s so far. help me out

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

yeah, 175w RMS a piece :(

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

well the biggest reason he wants tens is cuz you can get a good amount of cone area in a relatively small box. hes not looking to sacrifice the whole trunk as he uses it on a daily basis. i can get some brands fairly cheap from my shop i work at, but he just doesnt want the mainstream stuff. thats why im running diamonds, i get them at cost +10% :pardon:

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

If you want something that'll work in a small box, look into the Dayton Reference HO at partsepxress.com. That'll be right in his price range. Another one that works very good in small boxes is the Mach 5 IXL, bit it's a little over his budget. It is, however, a higher excursion woofer. Both of these subs will only need .75ft^3 at the most. Tune to 32hz and you're golden.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

Archived