Sonic Electronix

Hello everyone, I'm the one that is doing the install for Twigz. However, at this point, Twigz doesnt know what he's talking about, so I'll fill everyone in:

I personally reconed one of the subs, but f'n MTX sent the cone wired incorrectly. Thats why you guys are miss understanding the wiring. The subs are 2 Ohm DVC and each sub is wired Parallel at 1 ohm. I then ran them series to the amp, giving it 2 ohms (via ohm meter, thank you very much…..Twigz, you were there!).

Box is 8.49 (8.5) after displacement, with a 160^2 of surface port, 15 inches deep.

Regarding his amp, I do not believe it’s messed up. I have a feeling the RCA's are pinched somewhere. Please keep in mind, NO TROUBLE SHOOTING HAS BEEN DONE ON THIS BUILD! All I had time to do was build the enclosure and re-hook up his amp. Because his amp wasn’t putting out enough power, I hook up my Zapco 9.0 to the subs, and they did get loud. However, the problem is that subs "freak out" (I've seen this happen before when I competed in DBdrag). This is where I'm stuck.

Regarding the "Professional Opinion", I am MECP certified and have been doing this for 20 year and competing for over 15 years in both SQ and SPL. All I did for Twigz was build a box, and throw MY subs in HIS car at NO charge.

ALSO, regarding the shop that told Twigz his amp was shot........OMG!!! They continue to lie to him and take complete advantage of him. Come on, they talked him into shelling out $175 to trim off about 3"x1" of thin sheet metal from his back seat! I could have done it in 3 minutes at no cost! Not to mention that they wanted to charge him $100 just to relocate his amp!!! ALSO, I HAVEN'T CHARGED HIM A DIME, AND HE STILL HAS MY SUBS AND HE STILL OWES ME FOR BUILD MATERIAL! So, please do not start jumping to conclusions. His build isn't even 25% completed! Everything MUST be rewired, because the shop that he keeps taking it to did a crappy job. Everything is currently "Jerry rigged" (which I'm sure I'LL have to fix), and the only reason we hooked his amp back up was to see if we could get sound out of the subs. That's when we noticed his amp wasn't putting out enough juice.

One last thing, I spent my ENTIRE Saturday in 4 different junk yards, BY MYSELF, finding Twigz a back seat that folds down (which I accomplished)! And not to mention it was 95 degrease out!

THE REAL ISSUE:

When we play ANY frequency (but we'll use 38 htz as an example), during the middle of the 38 htz test tone it seems to jump to a higher freq while still on 38 hrtz track. Anyone know what can be causing this?

Edited by Team Bass in Your Face

not sure if this is THE problem, but i had a similar instance where the subsonic filter was set incorrectly and it did almost the same thing you described. re-adjusted the filter and viola--- no more problem.

like i said, not sure if this is same thing for you, but it might be.

not sure if this is THE problem, but i had a similar instance where the subsonic filter was set incorrectly and it did almost the same thing you described. re-adjusted the filter and viola--- no more problem.

like i said, not sure if this is same thing for you, but it might be.

Hey there Mojoman! I left you a message this weekend about the Beretta build, this is the one! Thanks for your input, I'll be sure to check it out.

hey man you sound like a good friend lookin out for your boy like that...sounds like hes lucky to have you around!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Looking better than expected (That's a compliment I guess), do you have any pics of the port?

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Guest MegaloManiac
THE REAL ISSUE:

When we play ANY frequency (but we'll use 38 htz as an example), during the middle of the 38 htz test tone it seems to jump to a higher freq while still on 38 hrtz track. Anyone know what can be causing this?

is this when using the 9.0?

try runnning some rcas from a different HU source to the amp and see if the problem is consistent or not.

try all the easiest fixes first before doing anything rash. :)

is this when using the 9.0?

try runnning some rcas from a different HU source to the amp and see if the problem is consistent or not.

try all the easiest fixes first before doing anything rash. :)

Yeah, this happens with both the 9.0 and the RF. Regarding the rca's, my amp (9.0) doesnt have RCA, they're DIN. However, I am going to try and swap out the RCA's to the RF to see if his wires are pinched. Also, now that I think about it, I'm going to have to check the Test Tone CD that I'm using to make sure I'm using the correct one. Maybe the frequency change is part of the CD.