Second Skin Audio

Help deciding what box and sub..

Wats up peoples, I am kinda new to the stereo theme' I currently have 2 re se 10" for my 99 gmc Sierra extended cab..

Soo I am looking to upgrade to more BASS.. Ive been looking at lot of my local car stereo guys band pass boxes and they hit insane with no distortion what so ever. http://thecarstereoguys.com/AVALANCHE.HTML

He is only running 300 watts rms person and inside it's hitting CRAZY

But I am not so sure if I want to give up space in the back

Or I was thinking 2 8" w7 facing outwards under the seat or 4 of them...

So I wat I am wondering wat do u guys think is good??? I want DEEP BASS but not sure wat would be better..

Pls lmk your guys opinion.... Gracias

I would shy away from the W7s just because of the price. JL makes a great sub but not worth the money you pay just because it is JL Audio.

How much power are you looking to run. This is going to be the first thing to determine what subs you need to consider buying.

I would shy away from the W7s just because of the price. JL makes a great sub but not worth the money you pay just because it is JL Audio.

How much power are you looking to run. This is going to be the first thing to determine what subs you need to consider buying.

That's true kinda pricey,

And about power well with the w7 I was thinking 500rms but not sure EXACTLY on what subs...

Maybe from 500 rms to 1500 rms..

Nope, the space the person is willing to give up is the first determining factor. If he can only fit 8's where he wants to put his subs then that would narrow the options down a lot. If he was willing to give up his back seats and do a wall he would have many more options, such as two 15's or four 12's, etc. What i'm saying is you can't just decide you want an 18 but then you find out you only have room for a 12 in your available space.

Yes i know, the OP said he wants to get 8's under the seat since that is probably the only option in that case.

OP, i recommend as many sundown sa-8's you can fit in there. They have proved themselves to be great subs at a nice price.

Edited by DannyV18

Nope, the space the person is willing to give up is the first determining factor. If he can only fit 8's where he wants to put his subs then that would narrow the options down a lot. If he was willing to give up his back seats and do a wall he would have many more options, such as two 15's or four 12's, etc. What i'm saying is you can't just decide you want an 18 but then you find out you only have room for a 12 in your available space.

Yes i know, the OP said he wants to get 8's under the seat since that is probably the only option in that case.

OP, i recommend as many sundown sa-8's you can fit in there. They have proved themselves to be great subs at a nice price.

That was my second guess.. I was looking at this http://sundownaudio.com/index.php/rides/customer-rides/item/cody-eastman-2000-sierra.html?category_id=9

Shit looks nutty..

If u go to my site you will see many ext cab Chevys with underseat boxes.

I would use your same subs in a fiberglass bottom box

It's 3.6 after and 2 4" ports out the pass side

Subs firing up on the driver side

With 1800 I have done 142's at mid 30's

Edited by Ray
Stupid iPad corrected underseat to underwear..lol
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz