The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

Mossberg 500 or Remington 887 should be able to be got for 300ish

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

• 1 month later...

Hey guys I am making a come back tour here lol, I havent posted in several months, anyway I thought that IN got rid of their CCW loop hole...but they didn't. For those who dont know you can get your CCW permit at 18 in IN, but since you can't buy handguns/ammo until 21 a parent can buy and gift a handgun to you. So my CCW application is processing and I am in the market for my first handgun.

Since I am a bigger guy I am thinking that I want to carry a single stack, and I am leaning towards something chambered in 9mm because it is so much cheaper to shoot and I plan to go to the range/ shoot at home a lot. At a local gun shop I went to today they had a Walther, and a Smith and Wesson that caught my eye (I can not remember the exact model though). I am not 100% on the single stack though. I really like the Sprinfield XDm 9mm 3.8" but I was told it is a pretty heavy gun for EDC.

I guess basically I am looking for thoughts and suggestions on my descicion. Also I need to find a nice IWB holster for w/e i end up going with and I will for sure that suggestions on that since there are a plum blue million holsters out there.

Also, I am applying for CCW because I want to know that in the event I need to defend myself or other persons I can, also I live right about half way between Chicago and Indy and there have been a few incidents with drug runners around here. I just feel like since I am 19 people might think I want my CCW for the wrong reasons.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I carry a block 27 everyday. Its a double stack 40 s&w. Weight will not be an issue with a good belt and holster. Remember its not meant to be comfortable its meant to be comforting. If you are looking at an xd go for it great piece. Smith and wesson just released their shield line as well.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I carry a block 27 everyday. Its a double stack 40 s&w. Weight will not be an issue with a good belt and holster. Remember its not meant to be comfortable its meant to be comforting. If you are looking at an xd go for it great piece. Smith and wesson just released their shield line as well.

Do you carry IWB or open? Indiana's gun laws don't actualy specify whether the permit covers one or the other so you can do both. I will be IWB though. I think I will go check out the XDm, there is a local indoor range that does rentals so hopefully I can rent one and get some rounds behind that one and a couple others to find what fits. Lane rental is $8 for 30min, $15 for an hour, and handgun rental is $8 plus cost of ammo. They also have an indoor rifle range which is cool, and they can do Class III. Link is below to their site.

www.appliedballisticssystems.com

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

I carry IWB. Im not a fan of people knowing Im carrying. I use a galco king tuk holster and lots of people love the crossbreed super tuck. The only thing you get out of a single stack is a slightly thinner grip and less round count. not to mention the round count of a single stack to a double stack will not drastically reduce your weight. the gun itself will be a bit lighter but not drastically. If you have a place to go shoot by all means try some guns on. You have to be comfortable with your piece. If you cant shoot it comfortable it wont be any good to you.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Ok cool I appreciate the advice on the holster for sure. Hopefully I can get there in the next couple weeks and try something out.

I second the Galco Kingtuk for IWB... Its cheaper and more comfortable than the CrossBreed holster. I carry a fullsize 1911 in my Kingtuk and its very comfortable and with the right angle of wearing it you will not be bothered by having it... If you go with a compact weapon then you will be in great shape...

I was just letting you know that even carrying a fullsize 1911 is no problem with the Kingtuk setup

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

photobucket-12265-1331772734108.jpg

still deciding what i want to stick on it thogh.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived