The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

From the statements you just made you have no business owning one in my opinion.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If it wasn't crazy I would actually prefer to keep a high powered rifle in my vehicle hahaha but I guess that's getting a little carried away with it

Plenty of people build rifles for truck/trunk guns. An AR-15 is more versatile than a pistol, imo.

If it wasn't crazy I would actually prefer to keep a high powered rifle in my vehicle hahaha but I guess that's getting a little carried away with it

Plenty of people build rifles for truck/trunk guns. An AR-15 is more versatile than a pistol, imo.

Depends on where you live, I cannot have any loaded long guns in my vehicle for any reason here in MI.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Most states have rules against loaded long guns in vehicles. Unless you sbr it. I don't have to worry about that

As for door penetration. A door isn't exactly a hard cover. I've got 9mm I've got 40 I've got 10mm. If I truly want to penetrate hard cover its a rifle. The 10mm is great but it's a handful to shoot. The 40 is just as snappy as 357 Sig imo. It's basically a hot rod round of the same caliber just a bit higher velocity. If you can shoot similar guns in 9mm and 40 the difference is remarkable.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

From the statements you just made you have no business owning one in my opinion.

hahaha why do you say that? I'm just imagining scenarios and whatnot. Some lady got shot 4 times on Hennepin Ave in Mpls (one of the main metropolitan areas of mn if you're not from here) during rush hour traffic. All she did was honk at some dude for cutting her off. And he changed lanes back over and let her get beside him and opened fire. I'm just saying. I've used everything from pellet guns to mk19 belt fed grenade launchers. Iv just haven't owned a variety of weapons. Only hunting rifles.

Most states have rules against loaded long guns in vehicles. Unless you sbr it. I don't have to worry about that

As for door penetration. A door isn't exactly a hard cover. I've got 9mm I've got 40 I've got 10mm. If I truly want to penetrate hard cover its a rifle. The 10mm is great but it's a handful to shoot. The 40 is just as snappy as 357 Sig imo. It's basically a hot rod round of the same caliber just a bit higher velocity. If you can shoot similar guns in 9mm and 40 the difference is remarkable.

n8ball thanks for the input on recoil between a 9 and .40, I wasn't sure how dramatic it was. Well, I'll definitely rent and test a variety of cals. In the same model I decide on before I buy. I have a lot of shooting to do.

i agree, I have used ar type rifles quite a bit and am very comfortable/confident with them in general. But c'mon, who the hell really keeps an ar in there vehicle, right? Haha

hahaha why do you say that? I'm just imagining scenarios and whatnot. Some lady got shot 4 times on Hennepin Ave in Mpls (one of the main metropolitan areas of mn if you're not from here) during rush hour traffic. All she did was honk at some dude for cutting her off. And he changed lanes back over and let her get beside him and opened fire. I'm just saying. I've used everything from pellet guns to mk19 belt fed grenade launchers. Iv just haven't owned a variety of weapons. Only hunting rifles.

Maybe it was just the way you worded it.

Either way best thing to do is get whatever caliber you can shoot accurately and keep under control.

That being said there is almost no pistol round that is going to drop someone first shot so capacity matters just as much as accurate shot placement.

The fbi is also switching to 9mm for a reason, read up on their study on why they are doing so.

Buy whatever gun fits your hands comfortably and you are able to control, who cares if it's something everyone else has.

What good is a gun that looks cool if you can't shoot it well?

Maybe it was just the way you worded it.

Either way best thing to do is get whatever caliber you can shoot accurately and keep under control.

That being said there is almost no pistol round that is going to drop someone first shot so capacity matters just as much as accurate shot placement.

The fbi is also switching to 9mm for a reason, read up on their study on why they are doing so.

Buy whatever gun fits your hands comfortably and you are able to control, who cares if it's something everyone else has.

What good is a gun that looks cool if you can't shoot it well?

yeah, I suppose. The mr40 was suggested to me and I do like the way it fits my hand. I just don't know anything of their reputation. Other than the Desert Eagle pistols, which still I know nothing of, other than they're heavy as hell and available chambered in .50 ae cal. But I do like the fact that Magnum Research is located here in MN. I never knew until just a few yrs ago. Otherwise likely a glock because those have a very nice grip too. And obviously a seemingly endless amount of good things written about them everywhere. And I like how the front of the trigger guard has a nice gripable surface too. Glock, Springfield xd, and MR all have that and also are pretty much the 3 I'm deciding between now. And whattya know they're all within about $50 of each others price.

Archived