The official guns and stuff shoot the breeze thread

So on like sbrs and and silencers, where does the physical item reside while the form is being processed? Does it have to sit at an ffl or what?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

For form 1, they are in your possession but not constructed yet. Example: you have a standard 16" AR that you wanna put a 10.5" upper on. File the form, pay the tax, wait FOREVER, then receive approval and construct the SBR.

For a form 4 transfer you are buying an already made NFA item. That item sits with the ffl/dealer/sot until your paperwork clears. Example: you buy a suppressor from a local dealer (who is most likely an SOT), you file the form 4 and pay your tax, wait FOREVER, and finally receive your approval and pick up the item. This time frame where you've paid for an item and filed/paid the ATF, but are waiting for the stamp to clear, is often known as Jail. If you have a cool dealer/SOT you can still play with and shoot your new toy, you just don't get to take it home until the ATF says so.

Ok that is what I figured on both accounts. Now on sbrs, if you register a lower as an sbr, could you take it back to full length and then bring it back to sbr? Or does it have to stay sbr? Or let's say I had a 10.5 and decided I wanted to go a little longer but still not 16, does that require paperwork?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Yes you can as long as it's readily able to go back to its sbr config. Meaning swapping a new upper on. I could throw one of my full length uppers on it as well. You can't just swap a barrel though. I have mine registered as a 10.5 gun. I also have an 8.5 upper that I put in it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Oh ok cool that's not a bad deal

I don't know why but I keep coming back to the thought of putting a strike eagle on my sbr ar10. It's not like I can use the 6x or anything but I want to do it. Totally goes against what I believe an sbr is for.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

think outside the box. An SBR can have excellent accuracy out to mid range distances. Get the cqb only mindset out of your head. SBR is the act of shrinking the product, not necessarily limiting its performance

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

I know it can it just won't be what I use it for I don't think. That's more of my hang up.

In other news I dropped off my 870 for a chop. My gunsmith was excited for that. Not often he gets to chop off six inches of the barrel. I'll get it back next week or so

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

How much barrel will you have past the end f the tube?

Past the mag tube? None.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

Archived