Sundown Audio

Dual Inputs on an Amplifier

Cashdollar2009

Okay, the board comment got me thinking a little too. You are correct that I did not take a side-by-side approach. So, in all honesty, for the price point, the AQ 3500.1 may as well be the better option for the pair of 12" XL's then if that's what I am looking for?

Generally spoken: The AQ 3500.1 will be more of a step up from the Crescendo 3kwp than the DC 3.5k would be.

I really doubt the small increase from tho 2 will really do much. It is a gain, but buy an amp SLIGHTLY large? Dunno, why not a 5k of some sort?

I still wouldn't upgrade a Crescendo 3kw to a AQ 3500d. I don't think there will be much output difference, not to the ear. Only thing you could hear is the different in sound in theory.

Well currently I am running my 15" XL on my 3kwp. In the near future my friend is buying both my sub and amplifier, adding another XL, and having me wall it for him. I am switching into the two 12" XL's for a while until I step it up to an SUV once i'm out of college. For future planning I am considering the 3500.1 I suppose right now. Once I either go to four 12"s or a pair of 18"s I have always felt the 3500 would give me better luck. (not to mention, strappable) We'll see. For the $200.00 more to go new on the AQ, I still have a bit more time and research to put in.

I appreciate all the help fellas.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Okay, the board comment got me thinking a little too. You are correct that I did not take a side-by-side approach. So, in all honesty, for the price point, the AQ 3500.1 may as well be the better option for the pair of 12" XL's then if that's what I am looking for?

Generally spoken: The AQ 3500.1 will be more of a step up from the Crescendo 3kwp than the DC 3.5k would be.

I really doubt the small increase from tho 2 will really do much. It is a gain, but buy an amp SLIGHTLY large? Dunno, why not a 5k of some sort?

Well I am looking at about 3k now on a single driver. The 3500 would give me a tad over 4k spread among two drivers. A 5k would take another $500.00 out of my pocket to run in a trunked car at 20 years old paying for college. lol For the price difference, stepping up 1,000 watts for $200.00 is looking better than 2,000 watts for $700.00... :/

The crescendo is strappable? Why not just buy another one?

I'm sure you would only spend a little more vs one AQ.

Another good point, I'm not remembering shit tonight... Well the 5k's I've been seeing are around $1100.00ish. Two Crescendo 3k's strapped would run me $1100.00 new, on the dot. That would be a rated 6,400wrms-ish @ 2-ohms seeing 13.8V... :/

A lot of variables to think about... Not sure if I need that kind of power just yet. Only have a $750.00 budget for the time being. How the Hell do I fit two 3kwp's, two XS D3100's, and a box for two 12"s in my trunk. Two D3100's are gonna like 4,300wrms better than 6,400wrms... Shit's too expensive... :/

Well shit, I got class in 6 hours so my brain is shutting down, i'ma have to hop off for the night...

Archived