2002 Chevy impala radio issue

Does your remote start have any programmable outputs? Like one that you can program for pulse after shutdown. If so, find the driver door pin. I believe it is a blue (or dark blue) wire located near the drivers kick. It should be a negative trigger. Hook you remote start to this wire. When the run time expires, it should tell the car that the driver door opened and should shut off the radio. Hope this helps.

So, I don't have anything cool here yet. It's no big deal

ok OP i have a question from the shop foreman. is it just the radio that stays on, or do the lights and other junk stay on with the radio. after i pulled up the schematic it looks like the time control goes through the radio itself. if other accessories stay on it looks like the radio itself is to blame. if it is just the radio that stays on ill need to dig a little deeper. let me know ASAP so we can try to resolve the issue today. thanks

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

ok OP i have a question from the shop foreman. is it just the radio that stays on, or do the lights and other junk stay on with the radio. after i pulled up the schematic it looks like the time control goes through the radio itself. if other accessories stay on it looks like the radio itself is to blame. if it is just the radio that stays on ill need to dig a little deeper. let me know ASAP so we can try to resolve the issue today. thanks

To answer your questions, its just the radio. everything else turns off. the tach lights are off, all interior lights are off, but the amp for the radio (stock) and the radio do not turn off.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

The remote start is not stock. its aftermarket. It is a compustar (not sure the model and im at school so i cant find out until i get out at 10pm tonight) and everything else is stock. The only electrical upgrade on it is that her stock battery took a shit so we got a new replacement for it for free but it never lost power at all during the swap.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

When the battery was swapped out was there any arcing done during replacement? In other words did the positive and negative get shorted out with the cables on? If so we might be looking at a fried body control module. If any arcing took place I would take it to a shop nearby and have them scan it on the BCM. And see if it has thrown any codes. The BCM can set a code without turning on the check engine light. The only time the check engine light has to come on is for emissions related issues. Sorry for rambling on and on, I just wanted to explain where I was headed with this diagnostic.

© crispy_chick3n inc

no, there want a single bit of arcing when i swapped the batteries. I had the positive of my battery charger hooked to the positive post on the alt and the negative from the charger to the engine ground. it just started doing this about a month and a half ago and idk what screwed up on it. and im not all that into the steps to check the door trigger like the guy before mentioned since i didnt have any say in this shitty remote start getting installed. i like my viper, compu-crap is never anything i will ever run.

I'm going to make kind of an odd request, but could you make a video of this in action, and be sure to post exactly (to the best of your knowledge) what was on, what was running, and how this event was triggered? This may help me in further diagnostics with this odd problem. I may or may not be posting again tonite as it is just after 5:00 here I just got home from a long day at work, so it is time to crack a cold one, sit back and watch tv

© crispy_chick3n inc

sure i can see about posting a vid of this in action if i can get time to tonight. if not then ill do it possibly tomorrow night, if not then wed night. but tomm at the most i should be able to do it.

Archived