VOTING CLOSED ON THIS THREAD PLEASE SEE NEW POLL!!

What would be cool (but maybe a bit impractical for this build) is put rows of speakers on the roof. That would be sick! drinks.gif

actually... I jokingly suggested that to trippi at one point.

The thing I don't think some of you guys understand.. Trippi wants AS MANY SPEAKERS AS HE CAN FIT IN THIS THING!!! He wants LOOOOUUUUDDDDD

we were testing saturday on all kinds of music. and nothing we played was under a 150dB. haha

we did a test at 20hz... it was like a freakin fan.. it did a 151.6dB at 20hz!!!!

Just ask yourself, what would JJ do?

If you don't know what I mean, ignore me......another post from SMD

PULSE, you don't have too many options with the size and number of drivers you need. I don't see problem with the pillar drivers, it's an Extreme build.

You are right... it is an EXTREME build...

Not many people have a 15", four eights, and six compression tweeters in each freakin door. nor a wall of six 18" and 26 amplifiers, 30" wheels... etc.

this is meant for you to look at it and go WTF!!!!?!?!?!

haha

I do appreciate all the input though. Keep em coming... he will be on later tonite to see this and give his opinion. again... it's his choice. I build what I think he wants. if he smiles, then i got it right FOR HIM.

:)

Ok minus the top two. Maybe something a lil smaller. Would like to see a few sets of tweets in the pillars

2nst7r8.png

05 Suburban

Pioneer 4200ub

4-American Bass 6.5 , 2-8" DB Drive mids and 4- Quantum Audio Supertweeters in front doors

2-DD3515 dual 2 ohm subs

Rockford Fosgate 400.4 on 8" mids

Hifonics 80.4 on 6.5 and tweets

2-Hifonics BRZ2400's strapped @2 ohms

Project Caddy in the works

95 Cadillac Deville

Ok minus the top two. Maybe something a lil smaller. Would like to see a few sets of tweets in the pillars

Tweets are going in the top part of the dash, facing up. Trust me, he doesn't need more, but this is Trippi, he may do it lol. This thing is frikken loud.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

What about just taking the two corner speakers and have them firing up at the windshield, kinda like the old dash was? You're right, this is a very EXTREME build, but at the same time, you dont want it looking like those rolling boomboxes from Brazil. You've done a very "tasteful" build so far, dont wanna make it look tacky now (not that it would look tacky, but you dont wanna just add more speakers if it doesnt look right). Regarless, its obvious that you know what you're doing, and I'm sure Trippi and everyone else will love what ever you decide to do.

1989 Chevy Caprice Classic
350ci V8 High Performance

JVC Arsenal HU

JL XR series components

Infinity Reference 6x9s

Pioneer Premier 4-Channel

Clarion 2-Channel

Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel

Fusion 2000.1D

MTX Crossover

RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring

NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!**

*Build log coming soon!*

Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.

maybe you could do something like

IMG_0254.JPG

Ooh my G !!!

This is scarry ! Hope it is loud !!!!!!!!!

Do it for Trippi like he wants.

It is... it is so much, that it is pointless going into some other car to hear their system, coz you "won't", you are good for next 30min, can't hear shit biggrin.gif

Got carbon fiber dust cap???

maybe you could do something like

IMG_0254.JPG

Ooh my G !!!

This is scarry ! Hope it is loud !!!!!!!!!

Do it for Trippi like he wants.

It is... it is so much, that it is pointless going into some other car to hear their system, coz you "won't", you are good for next 30min, can't hear shit biggrin.gif

anyone that has heard trippi's hummer (my build) can tell you, that I don't even think you will hear the dash speakers over the doors anyway. lol

infact, the old dash with 4 tens, two tweets and two horns.... you couldn't even hear them over the doors. when you get within 5 ft. of the doors your ears start to ring. sit next to them and you can't hear a car horn for the next 30 min. its stupid.

i say no because i dont think it looks clean..... that other pic someone added itsnt clean either. like someone else said there is to much going on. but maybe once you are done it will look better, which im sure it will, i guess i just cant see it... and thats why im not an architect or an extreme builder lol. i also hate the look of open speakers. and looking at ugly screws and stuff. that should all be covered or have a grill of some sort.

I vote yes. I dont think they will be to intrusive. Actually I would say you should add a couple more but lay them down in the dash, with the tweeters.

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Archived