Pro Audio VS Car Audio Mids

OBI

What major differences would I see going from my Rockford Power 6.5's to say some Seleniums or Beymas? Looking for crazy loud on the mids and highs, and noticed the big guys going the PA route. I already have 4 6.5's per door, and 4 tweeters per A pillar just looking for alittle bit more.

What major differences would I see going from my Rockford Power 6.5's to say some Seleniums or Beymas? Looking for crazy loud on the mids and highs, and noticed the big guys going the PA route. I already have 4 6.5's per door, and 4 tweeters per A pillar just looking for alittle bit more.

car audio speakers are 4ohms,home audio is 8ohms

pa's get louder but sound like crap up close, I don't care what anybody says they sound like crap. they are made to sound good much further than you can get inside a car. up close you can hear the distortion

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

pa's get louder but sound like crap up close, I don't care what anybody says they sound like crap. they are made to sound good much further than you can get inside a car. up close you can hear the distortion

Not true.

Yes, 99% of the installs sound like shit but that's not to say all sound bad, mine certainly does not, minus the tweeter which is just so so. Horns will fix that one day.

Most installs are going for loud as hell SQ be damned. Set up and tuned correctly the good higher end PA mids sound very good and even deliver good midbass. This does not include Selenium. lol

The advantage to PA is they are very sensitive, the trade off is most lack midbass to do this. I guarantee a nice PA set up will sound MUCH better than a door loaded with multiple component sets.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

Not all sound like shit.

SirLanceAlot's setup sounds really good to be what it is. His setup changed my mind on PA.

So before you down all Pro Audio setups, make sure you hear a properly setup one.

Ha Ha, thanks buddy!

Should have just waited for your post!

2001 Yukon XL

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

they sound horrible compared to mine :shrug: covering freq response is a very small part of what makes a speaker sound good

but I'm a sq guy so I doubt I will ever hear a pa system to change my mind

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

they sound horrible compared to mine :shrug: covering freq response is a very small part of what makes a speaker sound good

but I'm a sq guy so I doubt I will ever hear a pa system to change my mind

I know a couple of people running the B&C 8NDL51 in SQ set ups. That is a pro audio driver.

Really not trying to argue so dont take it that way, just giving another opinion. :drink40:

2001 Yukon XL

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log