chapo123 Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 just got my first stick shift car! its a mazda b2300 pickup truck.. 5 speed rwd, sucks for the snow! i tried today and got stuck lol i used to drive a little pocket rocket (x18) so i know how clutches and everything goes. just need to practice my take offs. im used to the clutch being by my hand not foot lol any tips for me? its easy just cant seem to get my launches right without killing the car or spinning the tires! how long did it take for you guys to learn how to drive stick perfect? Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
Rebel4055 Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 I can drive anything that has a clutch, just bring the revs up a decent amount and let off the clutch. Rest In Peace mother. January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/
BigPimpin91 Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 The hardest thing is getting going. Grabbing gears after that is cake. Jump the RPM's up about 500-800 from Idle and slowly let your left foot up. After a while fo practice you should be able to pretty much get her rolling without any throttle input. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
KnockinthaStreetzof608 Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 took me about3days lol, i think one of the important thing is not to over think it and relax your bound to make an error but on how you accpect the mistake will help you learn faster CAR -2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime) H/U -Pioneer avh 3200dvd Amps 2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps 1Sundown Audio 100.4 1 Sundown Audio 125.2 Subs 4 AQ HDC'4s 12's Mids and highs 4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s 2 AQ Super Tweeters Electronical Mechman 270 unit 1 D3400 2 D3100's WALLED!
Ecco Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 Practice. I drive a Ford F150 5 speed with RWD, and I can do great on snow and ice. At first, I stalled the hell out of it, but now I can drive almost seamlessly. Practice your take-offs until you got it.
finkster Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 all cars are different. In my buddy's mr2 you can let off the clutch rather quickly and be fine where as if you try it in my car without giving it any gas it'll stall. DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active Eclipse cd7000 I serve drunks for a living
chapo123 Posted February 4, 2011 Author Report Posted February 4, 2011 i got shifting and everything down.. its just the damn take offs lol worst part is when your in traffic and it dies then the people get mad or if your on a hill with a car right on your ass. i think what ill do is wake up at 3am and jsut drive around lol no traffic but idk, it took me about 3 hours straight to get used to driving the pocket rocket. i can get it moving if i rev it up to about 1.5k and let out the clutch quick lol i cant let the clutch out slow or not alot of gas it sucks ! Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
korey_hofer Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 manuals are better for ice and snow actually. just need practice previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
chapo123 Posted February 4, 2011 Author Report Posted February 4, 2011 manuals are better for ice and snow actually. just need practice yeah funner to drive too, practice makes perfect. rwd isnt good for snow period. Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal? heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked. i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat 2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604
BigPimpin91 Posted February 4, 2011 Report Posted February 4, 2011 manuals are better for ice and snow actually. just need practice yeah funner to drive too, practice makes perfect. rwd isnt good for snow period. You sir, are incorrect. Much easier to align for parking spots. Blip the throttle halfway into the turn and it'll swing you around just enough to line you up to park. There's also the part where throttle input can help control your vehicle during sliding. BigPimpin91's Banging Music
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.