Question for weight lifters

I have just recently gotten back into lifting weights and I need to ask something: does drinking a protein shake after workouts make a big difference in results? they are a tits load of money and I love results just as much as the next gentleman, but I can't justify spending that type of money on something that won't pay off. Also, is there any negatives to drinking them? Any input on my questions, or anything even relating to them will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Sam

So here's the deal man. Supplements are a great tool when they are used properly. When I say properly, I mean your body actually has a demand for the nutrients whether it be from lack of intake, or high intensity training where all of them are expended and there is a need for more in order to facilitate repair.

I cannot say how they will affect your results. I don't know your diet or routine. So I'll assume since you just started again, and you're asking for some info, that you do NOT need them.

Give me some of your goals/habits and I'll be able to help you more.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

Need to know your goals really. But you can just eat a good meal after working out and see better results than a whey shake. Shakes are more for getting in extra calories and protien, usually for the big mass guys doing marathon workouts or 2-a-days to build as much muscle as possible.

I use protien shakes coupled with fruit as snacks or before bed. As a snack, it is a healthy option to chips or cookies.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

ive been powerlifting for almost 2 years now and just started using protein shakes this week. ive been fine without them but ill quess we'll see what they do :pardon:

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

I'm 6'1"-6'2" and I weigh about 180 so I am a thin fella. I am obviously not expecting to be built like Mike Tyson any time soon, but I just want a well defined muscle mass.

Then just workout, eat right, not light. Tall guys get well defined muscles easy.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

You're not far from it..

I've been able to hover 190-200 and I'm 6'2". Granted, I have the metabolism of a freak of nature. It's extremely difficult for me to make size gains, so I've concentrated on pure strength training disregarding size/weight. I've pulled off some incredible numbers for my size and the looks just came with it. A byproduct, if you will.

Everybody is different though. We each have a different response to biomechanical stresses.

I say, don't waste your money now. Take a few months to learn what your body responds best to. You won't see changes overnight, so don't lose your motivation. The gym fills up every year in January, then empties by about February for everybody who got upset they weren't seeing results.

[email protected]

protein before during and after id what ive always been told.

For some, that may work. But for 99% of others, it's a good way to clear your colon lol

[email protected]

protein before during and after id what ive always been told.

Only as much as you need. For a guy like me thatd mostly be wasted.

But for the OP wanting mostly tone, all he needs to do is dedicate to a workout reg and eat right. A bunch of protein will turn into more mass than he wants.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.