Home Made Circle Jig

Namosh

Got sick of cutting holes with a jigsaw so I decided to try and make something like a Jasper Jig.

Took a piece of 1/4" plexi I had laying around.

Posted Image

Taped it up before doing any cutting to try to keep it from splintering.

Posted Image

Cut the shape out with a jigsaw.

Posted Image

Cut center hole with a hole saw. The smaller holes I melted with a torch and metal rod. (oh the fumes! :blink: )

Posted Image

Mounted it between the plate and the base on my router. And that's it.

Posted Image

I had to try it out so I decided to make a box for a pair of P2's I had collecting dust.

Posted Image

Here's the box....now instead of two subs laying around, I've got a big old box collecting dust!

Posted Image

I didn't leave the painters tape on it...I just liked the look and had some blue spray paint.

It works really good and is cheap and easy to make.

good job man! I had done that years ago too b4 I got my caspers!!!

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

good job man! I had done that years ago too b4 I got my caspers!!!

Thanks man.

I made something similar to yours. I also used plexi to make mine. What is the smallest diameter circle you can cut? The smallest I can cut is 6.5 inches.

I've only done the 12"ers so far but I'm thinking somewhere around 5 or 6" would be the smallest.

Jaspers down to a 1" diam FTW

Well, I've got the holes made to go down probably that small but using a screw for the pivot, I can't use the holes under the base. But I guess if i used a finishing nail instead, I could go down to a really small diameter cut-out. When the need comes up, I'll give it a try.

Ive made some temp ones using 1/4" mdf, but damn, stailness would be the SHIIITTTTTTT

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Well, I've got the holes made to go down probably that small but using a screw for the pivot, I can't use the holes under the base. But I guess if i used a finishing nail instead, I could go down to a really small diameter cut-out. When the need comes up, I'll give it a try.

I also use a screw as my center point. I wouldn't even try a circle under 3 inches because I don't want what happened to Steve to happen to me.

Archived