Pics of my Hybrid Audio - Unity U61-2 6.5"

moh.vze.com

I just received my new speakers in the mail. I bought it directly from the owner @ http://store.12velec...speaker-system/

I just wanted to share some pictures of it. I will write a full detail review at another time after I install it. I'm still waiting on some more parts before I can install the speakers.

Picture time!

Note I decided to take some pictures of the Unity next to my old DLS MS6A stuff for sh!ts and giggles :)

IMG_0219.JPG

I bought it from their damage box inventory for a little discount :) The shipped this box within a giant box with lots of peanuts so nothing was damage.

hybridaudio_packaging.JPG

unity_dls.JPG

xover_unityleft_dlsright.JPG

Left: Hybrid Audio Unity Right: DLS MS6A

unityleft_dls_right.JPG

Left Unity, Right DLS MS6A (wow that magnet looks like a beast!)

unity_butt.JPG

dls_butt.JPG

hybridunity_xover.JPG

Unity xover

unity_basketcloseup.JPG

Unity ABS frame

speakerboxes.JPG

A review will be up in a few weeks! I still have to hook up my DLS stuff back in to review the Second Skin Damp Pro and then I'll review the HA Unity's. Stay tuned!

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Very interesting ... I'm tuned in ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

now get them in. very curious on the HAT

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed my HA Unity's into my doors today. I've re-tuned my eD NiNe.2 amp with a 1khz 0dB tone instead of a -5dB.

I'll edit my review in more detail later this week. As for now, I just wanted to say how impressed I am with the Unity's; I am hearing instruments from songs that I've never noticed before with my DLS MS6A's. How the hell does that work? These instruments are so clear and balanced within these songs that I normally listen to. I am also under powering them probably because I set my gains with a 0dB tone. eD NiNe.2 amp is rated at 2x100W RMS @ 4Ohm.

I will be installing my PPi P900.4 amp in 3 weeks, so these Unity's will be seeing more power.

One thing I've noticed is that the midbass from my DLS MS6A's showed more Umph/kick. I probably just have to give my Unity's more power for that effect or atleast break them in. Who knows. I'm just so happy of how clear my front stage is now :)

IMG_0304.JPG

IMG_0305.JPG

That tweeter is zipped tied to the bracket. I should probably properly position it for better SQ ~_~

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

Has anyone else on SMD listened to the Hybrid Audio Unity's? How can a set of components sound so much better compared to my DLS MS6A's? Can technology change that much?

I just ordered a set of the HA Unity components. I'm interested to know your opinion on how they sound?

They sound real.

What other brands have you've listened to? I"m now curious to how these would sound compare the hyped products such as Hertz HSK 165's.

Where are you located? Maybe i can get you an in-car demo of some hsk's.

Zipcode or city/state.

Nice buy.

What did you pick them up for?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

It seems like everyone on here is from sacremento. I live in Portland Oregon and not many peeople up here are into car audio.

I got the unity's for $300 shipped after negotiating with the owner for the damage box in enventory ( the product was fine). On kinda bummed out though because they are having a sale on their Clarissa line. I would be purchase it for am extra $100.

Archived