Welcome to SMD Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A Little Tutitorial On How To Get Rid Of Ground Noise Fast

25 replies to this topic

tacomabanga1986

tacomabanga1986

Find em hot, Leave em wet

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,530 posts
  • Interests:my family, firefighting, car audio, emergency lights

I have to say that i havent had any problems with pioneer but a couple people i know have to try this because of how bad of noise comes out of the subs thanks for the info man

np man ive been playin around with home/pa/car audio video sence i was 7 or 8 and just learn something new everyday, and x10 on the 250 for a 6900 i was gunna get the 9800 for $375 but if i gotta do this its gunna be out of the question but ive always had eather pioneer or kenwood, does kenwood have a nice new line for 08 and pioneer also i want soemthin cheap priced that has multi color display and can run an ipod without interface like has usb input on back, i think the 9800 does or it was kenwood i dotn kno <_< , but glad i could have helped yall, and its alot cheaper n faster to do it this way than waist $15 or so on noise filters that basicly dont do nothing for u, lol B)
here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp
here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car
heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image

aznboi3644

aznboi3644

130db

• Members
  • 407 posts
doesn't work for my HU

tacomabanga1986

tacomabanga1986

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,530 posts

doesn't work for my HU

just another thing to check imo, sorry it wouldn't work for yours
here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp
heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

meade916

meade916

The SM in SMD

• Admin

• 24,306 posts
Garage View Garage
i discovered this trick right around 1990.....it does work, but not always. It is one thing on a list of things to try when you start getttin desperate though.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel!
 http://www.youtube.com/meade916 

The Official SMD Facebook Page
 http://www.facebook....ge/207890963429

Follow my Tweet (Twiiter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

My Instagram
 http://www.instagram.com/meade916

Highest OFFICIAL SPL scores (at shows, on the TermLab)

DBDRAG - 156.5

Usaci - 157.4

Usaci Streetbeat - 155.2

aznboi3644

aznboi3644

130db

• Members
  • 407 posts
yeah i have some noise...I think its because of the temporary crappy lanzar amp. Also another trick is to get use a 18 gauge length of wire and grounding one end to the HU chassis and the other to the amp that is causing the noise...works most of the time

littleitaly1990

littleitaly1990

Godfather of Bass

• 18+ All Access!
  • 3,052 posts
I put new RCA's in...ground noise is already gone :)
A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.

77-AUDIO

77-AUDIO

140 db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 1,927 posts
  • Interests:Well if you see me in here you should know DUH.
do you have to do this to all of the rcas. could you show a diagram with lets say 3 sets of rcas and a 6 channel amp...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

fourlug

fourlug

145db

• 18+ All Access!
  • 1,372 posts
Again that can only be one of the problems, but nice little write up for people to try! Looks like it already solved one problem B)

Posted Image

Ray

Ray

175db

• 18+ All Access!

• 8,815 posts
Its not a pioneer problem, its an install error. Just because they dont use isolated ground paths does not mean its a problem. If you know the circuit then its no big deal.
2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

AI James

AI James

know it none.

• Guests

• 25,963 posts
  • Interests:Car Audio, Car Customization, RC Cars, Computers,
eh, i got rid of all my pioneers, because i dont feel i should NEED to add wire to RCA's to get somethign to work the way other products do without the extra effort.

FieroGrande

FieroGrande

170db

• 18+ All Access!

• 5,686 posts
nice write up! I have a couple pics of the same thing. It needs to be dont to both rca's if its done.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

tacomabanga1986

tacomabanga1986

• 18+ All Access!
  • 5,530 posts
ya i only do one side of the rcas not both and ground it on the outside part not inside, the 6 channel shouldn't need all rcas grounded maby 3 if its that bad but most sub rcas dont have that bad of ground noise, mine wasnt an install error it just came from time and wires vibrateing around(even tho i got cable clamps on em bout every 6'' or better, it the rcas are close to each other ied just jump it from one to the other to the other and just ground from there to headunit should work, this is just another thing to check into when u get ground noise, and ya i love my pioneers but im thinkin of switchin to alpine or kenwood with usb input in teh back

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users