Replacing Bose system?

RAGU408

I have a 1995 nissan maxima with a Bose sound system I wanna replace all the speaker with Rockford fosgate power speakers what would I need to do to do this? It looks like each speaker has an amp Hooked up to them would I need to buy a 4 channel amp to power the speakers or can I just connect an play? I'm pretty sure theirs 4 6.5 speakers an 2 tweeters in the front on each side not sure what size they are though.

Just hook up and play.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Ok. Somebody had told me that I needed an amp to run the speakers because each of the Bose speakers is powered by a lil amp? An I did take the back ones out an each are connected to what looks like a crossover? Can anyone else verify

The older nissans had a speaker per amp. You can bypass the amp at each speaker. Its really easier to just replace them. And run new wires to each door.They are almost 20 yrs old.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yes you can but your putting a high end speaker that likes power on a older HU & amp set up. I would either get an amp to power them or go with punch series to save a little money. I guess it depends on your goals in your set up and the results you think you'll get. Good luck and lets us know how it goes.

I have an aftermarket alpine head unit already but yea I guess your right. How would I go about hooking up all 4 6.5" and my 2 tweeters to a 4 channel amp? I have an old crunch V-power 4 channel am I could use for now

Archived