Sundown Audio

Sundown Tooled 18" Frame : Completed

That design allows you to have better cooling correct?

There is no cooling in the new frames/baskets.

Majority of the Sundown woofers have beyond excellent cooling via the back/top plate, pole piece, or a combination of the 3.

Also some of the woofers have a vented basket spacer which a lot of the woofers such as pictured below.

So basket venting wouldn't really accomplish much imo, but I'm not Jacob or Sundown. I just messed with a lot of their woofers and recones a bit and figured I could give a semi-educated answer.

spacer.jpg

if the motor/coil allows for full travel of a 12" spider...... fuck.... talking about stupid air movement.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

if the motor/coil allows for full travel of a 12" spider...... fuck.... talking about stupid air movement.

Im more interested in the motor assembly that they will come up with that will be used with that 12inch spider and the 6inches peak to peak!

The Team Sundown woofer looks monstrous and beastly in the photos and that wont even allow the basket/suspension to be used to its fullest so I could only imagine what is going to happen :D

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Im more interested in the motor assembly that they will come up with that will be used with that 12inch spider and the 6inches peak to peak!

The Team Sundown woofer looks monstrous and beastly in the photos and that wont even allow the basket/suspension to be used to its fullest so I could only imagine what is going to happen :D

that is what i mean, since now the spiders no longer limit mechanical travel, and neither will the surround, it comes down to what the motor will draw the limit at. Motor is gonna be cray cray

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Some photos mocked up to a TEAM motor along with the bolt pattern adapter in place:

IMAG1169.jpg

IMAG1170.jpg

IMAG1171.jpg

IMAG1175.jpg

In the future bigger motors will have the bigger 8-bolt pattern on them in addition to the 127mm pattern; so we'll only need to use the adapter on 3" coil motors. But the adapter ensures we can mate this frame up to any of our existing motors on the market.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

damn. didn't know sundown was in the laundry basket business. How big are the slugs on the team motors?

Edited by Souldrop

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Am I the only one that's aroused?

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I've read somewhere that once you hit ~10.5" in in slug OD it's hard (impossible) to find any suppliers for anything larger, and that's part of the reason that all the biggest ferrite motors seem to have similar widths. Is this true or is it more of a design issue where anything bigger has diminishing returns? Regardless both motor and basket are sexy, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action. If there was a nobel prize in car audio I think Sundown would be the shoo in. ATM it really feels like Sundown is doing the most to advance the technology and designs of drivers for car audio. Thanks!

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

I've read somewhere that once you hit ~10.5" in in slug OD it's hard (impossible) to find any suppliers for anything larger, and that's part of the reason that all the biggest ferrite motors seem to have similar widths. Is this true or is it more of a design issue where anything bigger has diminishing returns? Regardless both motor and basket are sexy, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in action. If there was a nobel prize in car audio I think Sundown would be the shoo in. ATM it really feels like Sundown is doing the most to advance the technology and designs of drivers for car audio. Thanks!

The 274mm that I used on these is the biggest that is readily available (10.787") -- bigger slugs can still yield more BL but at this point it's already pretty silly :)

I appreciate the comments -- been working hard over here!

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg