Second Skin Audio

Opinions on AA Havoc 18"

sprkn_ranger

First off id measure before buying anything, because im not sure you could fit 4 18's in their with the proper enclosure.As for the enclosure the lower you go with tuning the easier it should be to pull off a hairtrick. For the subs i cant personally say as ive never used the havoc, but I do use a mayhem and from everything else ive seen from AA its a very high quality brand so you should be happy as long as your enclosure is built correctly.

bro, he's got a burban, trulywickedcustoms has one with 9 xl 15's in it..he has room for 4 18's without a problem..

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

First off id measure before buying anything, because im not sure you could fit 4 18's in their with the proper enclosure.As for the enclosure the lower you go with tuning the easier it should be to pull off a hairtrick. For the subs i cant personally say as ive never used the havoc, but I do use a mayhem and from everything else ive seen from AA its a very high quality brand so you should be happy as long as your enclosure is built correctly.

bro, he's got a burban, trulywickedcustoms has one with 9 xl 15's in it..he has room for 4 18's without a problem..

not necasarilly hes only talking about pulling out the third row so it really depends on how he wants the box. idk though i could be wrong thats why i asked for measurements to be sure first

Thanks for the info on the tuning, I'll have to keep that in mind. As far as the 4 18's not fitting, I'm not sure I understand why?? I have a chevy suburban that is NOT going to have the third row seat. From the second row seat to the rear hatch that is about 5 or 6 ft. I have seen a number of Tahoes (obviously Steve Meade's) that have 4 18's in them and they are tight but they fit. I will have MORE room than a tahoe to work with so I'm unsure of why you don't think 4 18's will fit in my case.

I got some prices before from an authorized AA dealer and the BTL was cheaper than the Havoc

he didnt like you then lol. ive been quoted on havocs and they were a good bit cheaper. granted i get a discount but still

I got some prices before from an authorized AA dealer and the BTL was cheaper than the Havoc

Wow the Havocs are more than a BTL?

You will spend as much on your electrical as you will on amps and subs. Be prepared to buy dual alts, 4 g31 bats minimum, and lots of wiring. Adding that up on the cheap you are looking at over $2000.00.

Since you are cutting costs on equipment before you start, why not go for lower power and more cone area?

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

You will spend as much on your electrical as you will on amps and subs. Be prepared to buy dual alts, 4 g31 bats minimum, and lots of wiring. Adding that up on the cheap you are looking at over $2000.00.

Since you are cutting costs on equipment before you start, why not go for lower power and more cone area?

I will need that much electrical for 4 Havocs? It's not so much that I'm wanting to cut costs, if that's what it takes then I will make it happen. Please don't think I'm trying to build a monster system on a fantasy budget cause that's NOT what I wanna do. I wanna build a respectable system. If it means using that much electrical to do it then I will.

I was looking at the Havocs cause they are lower power than the btl's and figured it would give me a good start to a bigger build in the future. But I'm new to this high end stuff so I'm trying to learn all I can about it before I make a plunge.

not necasarilly hes only talking about pulling out the third row so it really depends on how he wants the box. idk though i could be wrong thats why i asked for measurements to be sure first

Thats all that Trulywickeddesigns did too. He still has his 2nd row too.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

I will need that much electrical for 4 Havocs? It's not so much that I'm wanting to cut costs, if that's what it takes then I will make it happen. Please don't think I'm trying to build a monster system on a fantasy budget cause that's NOT what I wanna do. I wanna build a respectable system. If it means using that much electrical to do it then I will.

I was looking at the Havocs cause they are lower power than the btl's and figured it would give me a good start to a bigger build in the future. But I'm new to this high end stuff so I'm trying to learn all I can about it before I make a plunge.

you dont NEED any electrical upgrades to drive the havocs, you NEED electrical upgrades to drive the amps. Anyway a quick word of advise if your going to go ahead and drop this much money on a build why not just drop the extra cash and do the build you want, otherwise your gonna get it built but youll still be thinking what if?

Archived