Second Skin Audio

Opinions on AA Havoc 18"

sprkn_ranger

Ok here's the lowdown, I have a 94 suburban that I wanna put a system in, the third row seat is gonna go so I have lots of room for an enclosure. My goals are to have a system that I can demo and get that WOW factor from people and be able to pull a decent hairtrick. I'm thinking of going with 4 18" AA Havocs and 2 AQ3500s. Am I headed in the right direction? I'm trying to not break the bank which explains the Havocs and not FI Btl's or AA SMD's for instance. I just simply don't have the resources right now to make something like that happen. Maybe in the future, but not anytime soon lol.

Thanks in advance, any input is appreciated.

Yea David, I'm prepared to get all the necessary upgrades and additions to the electrical (HO alternator(s), battery bank, 1/0 wireing...) thanks for the heads up though! And dolarbilz good luck with finishing it all up! PM me with some pictures or something and let me know how you like em!

Instead of 4 18's do 2 18's?

Use BTL or Mayhems, then you have of room for a proper enclosure and they will handle the same amount of power and maybe save a few dollars to put into the electrical system.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Well I'll have plenty of room for an enclosure for 4 18's. And if I get 2 btl's that will be roughly the same power requirements as 4 Havocs right? What's the price difference between a havoc and a btl?

i was considering doing 2 12" havocs on a saz3500 but nick @ fi said that 2 havocs couldnt handle that much power :shrug:

I don't know how much a havoc costs, but a BTL costs fully loaded : 459 dollars.

havocs run quite a bit cheaper than that IIRC

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yea I knew the BTL fully loaded cost around 450 but was unsure of the havoc as well. Isn't the FI BL a comparable sub to the havoc? So I assume it's price points are similar. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

First off id measure before buying anything, because im not sure you could fit 4 18's in their with the proper enclosure.As for the enclosure the lower you go with tuning the easier it should be to pull off a hairtrick. For the subs i cant personally say as ive never used the havoc, but I do use a mayhem and from everything else ive seen from AA its a very high quality brand so you should be happy as long as your enclosure is built correctly.

Archived