1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

• 4 weeks later...

Halloween comes a month early as I raise this thread from the dead to bring you a little rear fill excitement.

:ohnoes9: Budget speakers. Ahhhhhh!

DSC00107.jpg

Gruesome.

DSC00118.jpg

I'll be installing these speakers in the rear pillar panels. Since they are going on plastic panels and because of the intense bass vibrations I made some steel mounting rings to get the speakers securely mounted.

DSC00117.jpg

Here are the mounting rings painted and rivnuts installed.

DSC00119.jpg

One last detail I am putting on the speaker ring is a pair of rivet holes. I'll be riveting the speaker trim ring and the steel mounting ring to the rear pillar panel. That way I can install and remove the speaker as necessary without have to juggle in place the mounting ring and trim ring. Plus it'll make it easier to remove and install the panel without the speaker in it.

DSC00184.jpg

Here is how I got the factory speaker out and modified the panel mounting provision.

DSC00185.jpg

Once I got the speaker mounting holes cut, using the same score and break technique I used for the kick panel pods, I secured the steel mounting ring in place with some small c-clamps. I then drilled the clearance holes by using a small drill bit through the rivnut. With mounting holes accurately located I followed up with the proper clearance hole size drill bit.

DSC00120.jpg

Here I have the steel mounting ring mocked up with the mounting hardware I'll be using to mount the speaker. I am transfer drilling the rivet clearance holes in similar fashion that I did the mounting holes.

DSC00181.jpg

Here is a close up of the rivet securing the trim ring and mounting ring on to the panel. One thing that I did before getting the rivet on, is touching up the hole with a counter sink. This allowed the rivet to sit below the speaker mounting surface.

DSC00183.jpg

Modifying the speaker/panel mount compromised the integrity of the assembly. To bring back some of that integrity I'll be using some of this epoxy on the panel clip standoffs. I've had really good luck using this epoxy on plastic. On top of that it's cheap, it comes with easy to use mixing nozzles, and it's readily available at Walmart.

DSC00187.jpg

Here is one of the panel clip standoffs I used the epoxy on, there are four standoffs in all. I made sure to thoroughly clean the panel of dirt, dust, and any oily residue to get proper adhesion. I can't emphasize enough the importance of properly prepping the panel before laying a bead of epoxy.

DSC00189.jpg

Finally the light and the end of the tunnel. The panel in place with the trim ring and mounting ring in place.

DSC00260.jpg

Driver in place. Oh the horror!

DSC00267.jpg

Tah-Dah!

DSC00270.jpg

The End, for now. o_O

clean install man, did you have a chance to clamp that warhorse?

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

Diggin the mounting rings, nice work

1969 Chevy Chevelle