Sonic Electronix

Firing subs into cabin with seats that don't fold down

Hey, I have a sedan, trunk car, and the rear seats do NOT fold down. I have my two 10's firing toward the rear of the car in the trunk. I have been told by numerous people that if I flip the box around, and fire into the cabin, and seal the box off completely from the trunk, that I will hit higher numbers, as well as just sounding better for everyday listening. Is this true? Also, since my seats don't fold down will it still work for my car to do this? And, if I do flip the box around, what is the best way to seal the trunk off from the cabin? I'm still kinda new to the car audio world, and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Get Boon to show you some build pics (if there are any) of the BMW from the shop he works at. If your car has a fold down armrest in the back then you could do the same thing. I can always post a vid of the BMW, but I'm not on the computer at the moment.

If nothing folds down, then you can port it through the rear deck, which works well too I hear.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Yes it will do fine...I have rear seats that dont fold down in my car and it does just fine

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I ported through the rear deck without sealing off and have some phasing issues. If you have the room a 4th order through the rear deck or arm rest is supposed to be great sounding

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Get Boon to show you some build pics (if there are any) of the BMW from the shop he works at. If your car has a fold down armrest in the back then you could do the same thing. I can always post a vid of the BMW, but I'm not on the computer at the moment.

If nothing folds down, then you can port it through the rear deck, which works well too I hear.

Hey, if you could post a vid of the BMW, that would be great, because I don't know Boon, lol.

Yes it will do fine...I have rear seats that dont fold down in my car and it does just fine

OK, so does this mean I fire them into the back seats then? Because, I don't see any other way around it. Also, do you have advice on how to seal around the box, so it's completely sealed off from the trunk? Should I use MDF, or fiberglass, or how did you do it? Thanks man!

OK, so does this mean I fire them into the back seats then? Because, I don't see any other way around it. Also, do you have advice on how to seal around the box, so it's completely sealed off from the trunk? Should I use MDF, or fiberglass, or how did you do it? Thanks man!

Most people fill in the void between the walls and sub box with great stuff, you could find a way to glass it in there but that would be way too much work IMO. Just prep the sides, remove carpet or cover it with tape and fill it in with expanding foam. It won't be a true seal with the tape but it's better than ruining your trunk carpet.

Start out boxy, shape as you move along.

Dc Audio

Team Fur

just so you know most systems that fire back in trunks are louder and lower than facing forward with the windows up

Um, i'm not sure what you're trying to say. What does the windows being up or down have to do with my question about the box firing into the cabin instead of into the trunk?

just so you know most systems that fire back in trunks are louder and lower than facing forward with the windows up

Um, i'm not sure what you're trying to say. What does the windows being up or down have to do with my question about the box firing into the cabin instead of into the trunk?

Cabin Pressure. And until you heard the difference, you probably will not understand.

If your seats do not fold down, then facing your subs forward would make no sense. Since you are new, I do not see you building a 4th order bandpass and porting it through the rear deck. I also do not see you hacking up your rear deck either.

Just continue to fire them back.

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, &#x27;Ray&#x27; said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

Archived