What's the best way into the Car Audio Industry?

1) Move to Las Vegas, and beg those guys out there to get hired on, or LA ( Not many places in the USA left)

or

2) Move to China, and work for 25 cents an hr in a 100 person long assembly line

or

3) Get a $100k loan, and start somewhere , where other people left off at- originality

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

do you want to get into installing or into working for the corporations? most of the mainstream companies have their major offices in california and all the product is produced in china. unfortunately those are probably the most likely to get you the best money. but most likely youre going to end up a desk jockey unless you go to college and earn an engineering degree, then you may get into more of the design side of the industry. it all boils down to where you want to go and what you want to do

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

get a job installing...learn everything you can about every aspect of the BUSINESS side of it, while also learning about the vehicles...pick up all the tips and tricks you can about all the different systems. learn how to design an enclosure based on woofer specs, and how to PROPERLY wire a vehicle (SQ style, not SPL style)...aesthetics are everything for you.

get MECP certified, and continue on up to the master level

get to know your reps. Go to manufacturer shows and get to know the tech people at these shows. NETWORK

during this time GET A DEGREE...even if it's just an associates degree, BA/BS is better...business degree works fine, if you want to go into product development get an engineering degree, even if it's an EET from devry or ITT Tech...you will NEED a degree to get in the door of a manufacturer.

After a few years in school and installing start talking to your reps about moving on to work for a manufacturer. They know when companies are looking...we tell our reps we are looking and to find someone GOOD and qualified from the large pool of installers..unfortunately, most installers are tweakers or potheads and i dont' want them...I want the responsible, educated dedicated guys. If you have what it takes the reps will let you know who is looking and will give you a recommendation. This is where your network helps...you already know most of the people you will be working with (the next starting point is tech support...USE YOUR TECH SUPPORT SERVICES...this is how you get to know them)

You work your way up from there. having the degree gets you ahead faster. The MECP cert (no matter what any of you think) shows you are willing to study as well as learn on the job. DEI is hiring MECP Advanced and masters EXCLUSIVELY for tech support.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it