Low Oil Pressure! I NEED HELP FAST!!!

Ive got a 2002 trailblazer ltz. It has 112035 miles on it.

When I'm stopped my oil pressure drops down to 0 and the motor starts to spit just a little bit, but when I start to move or rev it above 700 rpm it goes back to 40 psi (normal). I had the oil and oil filter changed yesterday by a local shop thats done work for me before and had done a great jod.

What could it be??

Something sounds clogged. But first thing is to check your level. If your good throw some ATF in there, like half a quart and then drive it like that for a few weeks. One month max, after that do an oil change. See if that helps.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Ok, 1st check the level,probably not that but you should check it anyway.2nd did you have this problem b 4 you had the oil changed,i will say you did not,so the answer to your question is........ the oil change places probably used 5w30 which is a thinner weight oil,so i would recommend,changing the oil again ,and this time use 10w40, this should solve your problem.Let me know.

Member of Team 808

Member of Team North East Spl

That gauge doesn't read actual oil pressure. The reading you see is a calculation made by the cluster. The oil pressure switch itself is an open/closed switch.

What are the rpms at idle (in drive/foot on brake)?

In the summer when it's warm out (70-85 degrees) it idles in park at 400-500 rpm, which I thought was a little low but it dosnt stall or sputter. In drive/reverse with warm weather it at 400-600 rpm. It cold weather (0-30 degrees) when you first start it up in park it idles around 700-1000 rpm until the engine temp gets above 100 degrees. In gear with cold weather when you first start it it idles at 500-700 rpm until the engine warms up. When the motor is warm it will stay around 600 rpm.

I made an appointment on tuesday with a shop Ive trusted for years and have never had a problem with to have the guy check it out and see what could be the problem.

Should I wait to see what he says before I change to 10w40 or not?

right before you change your oil pour a quart of kerosene into the oil and let it idle/rev it up a little bit once and again for about 10 mins.. do this once the motor is already up to temp.

what this will do is clean all the oil passages. the oil will come out crazy nasty but it may solve your oil pressure issue.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...