Kryptonite's 4th order blow through?!?!

Well first box I've done sub back port sideways and it was loud but more rattle than sound. Second box was Sub sideways, port sideways and it had good sq but wasn't very loud. Did the second box again except added 2 subs firing up and it was straight nasty. Third box was subs forward port forward in a "wall" and it was alright, would have been better if I braced it lol. Fourth was a sealed downward fire and it was again good sq but not loud. Fifth box was my subs up port up and gave me my best results as far as flex and air movement. I'm not looking to do hair tricks but if it happens ill be pumped lol

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

XX7R had found some 2/0 cable that was at a reasonable price. I ordered up a few feet of it as well as some 4/0 for comparison. well here are my findings....

263702_691312746985_43408445_35319036_4592035_n.jpg

Left is the 4/0 center is my kicker hyperflex 1/0 right is the 2/0

Looks like my 1/0 is the same size if not slightly bigger than their 2/0

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

xx7r looks like finer strands

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

I'll probably end up sacrificing some kicker to do just that, actually see what's what, I can't wait either, should be decently loud

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

So today was my only day off this week and despite the near 90 degrees and 80% humidity, i was able to get all the cuts done for my box. On to pics!

My work station

108_0645.jpg

My weapons of choice

108_0646.jpg

One of my favorite investments, 8 ft. masonry level, perfect for full length straight edges and saw fences

108_0647.jpg

Setting up the day's first cut

108_0648.jpg

Saw horses older than me and probably quite a few other people on this forum

108_0649.jpg

The catch horse so i don't shred the very end when it falls to the ground

108_0650.jpg

First cut done

108_0651.jpg

Second cut done

108_0654.jpg

Third and final cut on the first piece of birch done

108_0655.jpg

The first three cuts were to make sections for the top 3 baffles, the bottom and the front and back panels

108_0657.jpg

All that was left from the first sheet of birch, plus one section that was 8ft long and 2in wide, not too shabby, helps to have that cut sheet for sure!

108_0658.jpg

Taking the first rip on the second sheet of birch

108_0659.jpg

First cut on the second sheet of birch

108_0660.jpg

Uninvited guest while i was cutting, don't wanna mess with that stinger

108_0653.jpg

Second and last rip of the day, time to cut them down to size

108_0663.jpg

Everything cut and all the "hairy" ends from cutting across the grain have been sanded down

108_0664.jpg

108_0665.jpg

Clean up for the day, def a long one but got alot accomplished

108_0666.jpg

The box should get put together relatively quick now, have to decide if i want to buy a finishing nailer for the build or if i want to predrill and screw everything together, using wood glue with either option of course. Any thoughts and opinions on what i should do? I've used both methods and haven't seen a substantial difference in all honesty.

Once the box is built i'll be able to redesign my battery tray in the cab and hopefully get everything wired up and ready for the amp. Still have not decided on the amp yet considering i have no money for it haha.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

Hopefully looking at a dc9k or an American bass 1100.1

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

holy butt!!! those are some big ass 10s lol

2004 Escalade Ext

Pioneer avh8400

Kicker ix500.4

Kicker ix1000.1

Kicker hyperflex 0+4 awg

Sundown X-15

Sundown Sa-6.5c x2

KnuKonceptz 4 channel Rca

Rockford Fosgate 2 channel Rca

SkyHighCarAudio 14awg speaker wire

Build Log