Sundown Audio

I don't, because I have had a slave amp die when a master died. Instead of 1 bad amp, I had 2. . .

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

I don't, because I have had a slave amp die when a master died. Instead of 1 bad amp, I had 2. . .

just to make this clear, your saying its not good to strap amps because one time your master burned out and caused the slave to burn up also?

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I can't say the master dying caused the slave to die. But I can say if they would not have been strapped only one would have died, since only one coil on the sub went bad.

Edited by bkolfo4

Current system:

Previous systems:

ok, but my point is, can you make a bold conclusion that strapping as a whole is a bad idea because this happened to you one time? personally, Id rather strap than have an amp per coil

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I may be wrong so don't bash me too bad but, I have heard that strapping amps draws more current than individually, leading to less output. Again I could be wrong, I plan on doing one amp per coil on my tsns.

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

I may be wrong so don't bash me too bad but, I have heard that strapping amps draws more current than individually, leading to less output. Again I could be wrong, I plan on doing one amp per coil on my tsns.

thats true. its not a big difference though. if i had 2 amps to 1 sub i would strap them for simplicity.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

IMO strapping 2 amps makes it have the same output as one amp, dosent the minimum independence rise with strapping? amps that were 1 ohm stable will be 2 ohms stabe, so on.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

Minimum impedance double. If the single amp is 1 ohm, the strapped pair is 2 ohms

Current system:

Previous systems: