DreDay256 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 Hey guys. What's the difference? I believe the alum is supposed to be more crisp & the silk is supposed to be more natural sounding... or do I have it backwards? Lol. I forget so any help is appreciated! TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS" -4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order) -2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass) -4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets -1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets -Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts -4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs) -1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's) -1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)
korey_hofer Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 metal based tweeters are a lot more bright then soft dome tweeters previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
CaptainzPlanetz Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 Hey guys. What's the difference? I believe the alum is supposed to be more crisp & the silk is supposed to be more natural sounding... or do I have it backwards? Lol. I forget so any help is appreciated! Aluminum tend to be more harsh, but will get louder(you can fix a bit of the harshness mounting em off axis, and silk will have a warmer or natural sound as you say, however off the same power as a comparable aluminum tweet will probably not be as loud. You would tend to go with Silk for a SQ store(Or a horn), and Aluminum if you had alot of Db's to keep up with. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
DreDay256 Posted February 15, 2011 Author Report Posted February 15, 2011 Ahhhhh ok. Well its 4 lvl4 12's on 6kw... probably need to do the alum... TEAM Fi CAR AUDIO/ TEAM CRESCENDO AUDIO Bagged '06 Dodge Magnum R/T "WICKED WAYS" -4 Fi SP4 18's (4th Order) -2 Fi SSD 10's (midbass) -4 Diamond Audio D6 Comp Sets -1pr. Crescendo FT-1 Supertweets -Dual Alts -6 XS Power Batts -4 Crescendo BC3500d's (subs) -1 Crescendo BC2000d (10's) -1 Crescendo c1100.4 (comps)
ALPINE408 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 some sq judges like alum tweets better... being metal they reproduce metal instruments better like a bang on a triangle were a silk dome would make it softer for me i cant stand metal tweets period and have silk domes that can keep up with 150+ dbs Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Sir-Lancelot Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 some sq judges like alum tweets better... being metal they reproduce metal instruments better like a bang on a triangle were a silk dome would make it softer for me i cant stand metal tweets period and have silk domes that can keep up with 150+ dbs I agree, I hate metal dome tweeters. That said I have listened to some in a home set up that did sound great but were $$. Off topic, but what silk tweeter are you running to keep up with 150+? Multiple sets? Sorry OP to take this off topic. 2001 Yukon XL Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2 Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2 Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480 Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket Kinetik - 6 HC2400 My Build Log
ALPINE408 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 image dynamics nx 30 tweets only one set of em only go for 100 a pair Have you ever had your woofers blown?
korey_hofer Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?cPath=45_229_427&products_id=8646 previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme. I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.