zayres29 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 50s from one sub isnt easy Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged
jdamb Posted February 15, 2011 Author Report Posted February 15, 2011 Everyone! meet reptar 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
fr34kout Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 50s from one sub isnt easy True dat. Took me an 18" D1 BTL in an oversized box on my SAZ-4500 at half ohm. Did it at 39hz, but I didn't like the way the BTL sounded in my box. Not saying it's impossible, but you're going to have a hard time getting 150 with the equipment you have now. A more realistic goal would probably be 144-145. Either way good luck and welcome to the forums.
jdamb Posted February 15, 2011 Author Report Posted February 15, 2011 50s from one sub isnt easy True dat. Took me an 18" D1 BTL in an oversized box on my SAZ-4500 at half ohm. Did it at 39hz, but I didn't like the way the BTL sounded in my box. Not saying it's impossible, but you're going to have a hard time getting 150 with the equipment you have now. A more realistic goal would probably be 144-145. Either way good luck and welcome to the forums. thanks for the input man it is greatly appriciated, like said above i had a system before but i just put it in hooked it up and went from there. ive got alot of learning to be had. i guess im deffinetly at the right place. 1997 GMC Sierra 1 15' Massive DMX Audiopipe 1500w class d Project Reptar! Gunnin for 150db
fr34kout Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I would recommend you start thinking about some things before you dig into the build. #1 box orientation (sub up port up, sub up port forward, sub forward port up, sub forward port forward, sub up port side, etc). I don't have much experience with trucks, but a friend of mine has an 18" BTL sub up port up with 3 6" aero ports, it's doing 148.x @ 31 hz I believe, most pressure I've ever felt and I've sat in a few 153.x and 154.x cars. #2 tuning. If you want to murder the lows, you probably won't be hitting a high number on the TL but it will sound better you'd want to tune around 28-33. If you are going for something still pretty musical with good numbers, I'd tune from 34-37. If you're not worried about how it sounds and just want a number, find the resonant frequency of your truck and tune about 5 hz lower. #3 port area. Similar to tuning, if you want your sub to sound really good, opt for less port area. Something like 10-12 in^2 per. If you want something inbetween that'll still sound pretty good but also put up decent numbers, use 14-16 in^2 per. If you're just going for a far box and numbers, go 18-25 in^2 per. Take this info as my personal opinion based on what I've learned from a lot of the local sounds people and through some personal experience. If I was you, I would probably tune to like 28 with 10-11 per and just murder the low end. But then again that's my preference.
skittlesRgood Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 ill say it. you wont get to 150db with that sub off 1500w in a truck. i dont mean to offend, just making sure you dont get your hopes up. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
fr34kout Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 I can see it being done, but it would take a lot of building and rebuilding of boxes. It would have to be a strictly fart box and he'd have to tweak a LOT of things, but I think it would be possible. But to get that number on something that sounds good, I agree it's not going to happen with what he has now. Maybe if he doubled up on cone area and power.
skittlesRgood Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 ya, it would need to be tuned over 50hz to have any chance. If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Red-navi-916 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 dont get your hopes up bro if 1thing you will learn is its not easy, seeing you and your friend are basing your statements off of what you heard others say. BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
n8ball2013 Posted February 15, 2011 Report Posted February 15, 2011 ill say it. you wont get to 150db with that sub off 1500w in a truck. i dont mean to offend, just making sure you dont get your hopes up. thank you. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.