its very easy in the US to go down for murder when it was purely self defense so just heed my warning bro :)

just depends on where you are. round here, self defense shootings never get called murder. but of course, in some places, they try everything to turn it into a murder charge. in some places, you cant change anything on your gun at all (even grip panels on a 1911) without that being used against you in court. they will say the weapon was modified to make it more deadly.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Yup i totally agree there Hugh...Lawyers are twisted individuals that will try there damndest to twist anythin they can find out about you and turn it to a negative defense its ridiculous

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

I'm assuming you're not driving to work? If you felt like you needed some heat, you could buy one of the small .22 pistols. I wouldn't bank my life on them. I one's I've shot were extremely inaccurate and jammed a lot. Maybe it was a build problem. I think you would do more damage throwing it. The two guys above know a hella lot more than me, so I'd listen to them. Good luck.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Not to bust your bubble but from my experience...Shooting someone who is running away from you is Murder...I understand you want a gun for protection but you need to seriously read up on all of the laws concerning the difference between self-defense and murder because i can tell you the line is very fine and its very easy in the US to go down for murder when it was purely self defense so just heed my warning bro :)

I've read up on almost all of the laws. I just haven't found one that clearly says whether I can carry it or not. The last thing I want is to get into any legal trouble. I have scholarships and whole life ahead of me and I'm not trying to throw it away. Like Hugh said, I've never seen any case in MS where someone shot out of self defense and got charged with murder.

Champ, I do drive to work ,but I work downtown you park half a mile away to where you need to get to.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

its very easy in the US to go down for murder when it was purely self defense so just heed my warning bro :)

just depends on where you are. round here, self defense shootings never get called murder. but of course, in some places, they try everything to turn it into a murder charge. in some places, you cant change anything on your gun at all (even grip panels on a 1911) without that being used against you in court. they will say the weapon was modified to make it more deadly.

Perfect example of that, does anybody remember "Black Talon" ammunition from Winchester? The lawmakers banned them because they were designed to be more deadly. I mean really, THEY ARE BULLETS!! This is what happens when stupid people are placed in charge.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

Perfect example of that, does anybody remember "Black Talon" ammunition from Winchester? The lawmakers banned them because they were designed to be more deadly. I mean really, THEY ARE BULLETS!! This is what happens when stupid people are placed in charge.

thats kinda like how you cant use hollow points in war because its inhumane

It might be like Indiana, You can carry at 18 but the gun has to be a gift (handgun that is). Best bet is to go to the Sherrif's Dept. and asd someone who knows for sure.

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Anyway no one under 21 can get a concealed weapons permit by law. That means no knives over 4.5" or 5". And yes he can buy you a gun but you cannot be in possession of it without someone over 21. Hugh Could tell you a lot more than anyone else here can I know that much lol

Basically, I live in a nice middle class town that has no crime whatsoever ,but I work in a rough part of town a few cities west of me. I've had a gun pulled on me twice. Once I walked up on a fight involving about 6 people and I guess I scared the guy with the gun, so he pointed it at me and then ran. The most recent, a guy attempted to rob me ,but I told him I had no cash on me and showed him my wallet so he fled. Both times I nearly shit my pants and have been extremely lucky. Both of them probably could have pulled the trigger and got away with it because no one was around. I know if it happens again I might not be so lucky.

So basically after looking at the gun laws for my state I see that a guardian can purchase a pistol for someone over the age of 18 (I'm 19) as a gift. So my dad has agreed to buy me a .40 for graduation (associate's degree). THIS WILL NOT BE A STRAW PURCHASE! But, I haven't found anything that states clearly whether someone between 18-21 can carry or not.

Now, I've been shooting guns since I was about 5, I've taken the hunter's education course, and have shot probably 50-75 guns in my life, icluding pistols. So I'm not a beginner and I know what I'm doing. I don't want to ever, ever have to use lethal force on someone ,but that goes out the window when it comes down to my life or theirs.

So does anyone know if it's at all possible to carry at 18? I know you have to be 21 to get your CCW, but I heard that there were some exceptions. Like if you feel your life could be in danger (and trust me everytime I walk through that part of town my life is in danger).

id ask a cop / state trooperjust to be safe

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyway no one under 21 can get a concealed weapons permit by law. That means no knives over 4.5" or 5". And yes he can buy you a gun but you cannot be in possession of it without someone over 21. Hugh Could tell you a lot more than anyone else here can I know that much lol

the biggest thing you have to remember is that no 2 states have the same laws on weapons.

ill break it down for georgia for example......

without permit ----

you may carry a knife, with a blade less than 3" in length, and must not be designed for the purpose of offense or defense (yes, that is what the law says, i know it sounds crazy). you can carry a long gun (rifle or shotgun) without license, so long as it is fully exposed to view (legally, you could carry a loaded ar-15 without license and no-one could say anything other than asking you to leave their business so lang as your not in an off limits location). handguns may be carried in your vehicle, loaded, in any location and manner provided that you meet the requirement for a georgia weapons carry license. handgun may be carried in an exposed manner if you are currently engaged in any legal hunting or fishing activity. you may legally purchase a handgun at 21 years of age, and may legally own a handgun at 18 years of age if it is a gift.

with permit ----

above knife rule applies, but the weapon license covers blades in excess of 5". so you can carry a knife with a blade 3" or less in length, and/or a blade in excess of 5" in length, but nothing in between (yes its stupid, i know). with weapon license you may carry ANY firearm you want, openly or concealed, but if asked to leave a business, you must do so immediately or you can be arrested for trespass.

you may not carry a weapon into a government building, school (public or private), or a place of worship. you may carry into an establishment that generates over 51% of its revenue from alcohol sales provided you have permission of the owner. when stopped by law enforcement in georgia, there is no duty to inform the officer you are carrying. an officer may not stop you and check weapon without having RAS that you are currently committing or are about to commit a crime.

there is no holster requirement in georgia. there is no limit on magazine capacity, or on how much ammunition or what type that you carry. it is not illegal in georgia to carry supressed / silenced weapons, and legally owned full autos may be carried as well.

as previously stated, this is just a rough breakdown of georgias laws, and is not to be taken as legal advice.

Edited by Hugh G. Rection

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg