Sundown Audio

Ps1-5500d

thegr8cody

not sure about the PS1-5500, but The PS4-1600 is a decent amp, a bit over rated, but good none the less.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

yea most pa amps are,but my buddy stopped by hes got in on 2 l7 15's and it slammed we rode arund for a while never got hot.a little warm but not

What wattage is that amp rated for? I think it is hard to beat an A3000 for the money. 300 bucks shipped for 2300 watts RMS at 1 ohm.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

well i just got my 5500 in yesterday and according to all of the online things that tell you how many volts to set your gains at to get your wattage it said to set the amp to 56.6 volts to get 3200 watts at 1ohm and i got 56 volts without a problem and i maxed the amp out , to see the max voltage and i got a 78.3 -78.9volts and i went back and forth in that volt range untill i turnd it back down to 57 volts even for my subs, and i tell ya what with the amp set at 56 volts my 8 15s are wanging like a mofo

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

well i just got my 5500 in yesterday and according to all of the online things that tell you how many volts to set your gains at to get your wattage it said to set the amp to 56.6 volts to get 3200 watts at 1ohm and i got 56 volts without a problem and i maxed the amp out , to see the max voltage and i got a 78.3 -78.9volts and i went back and forth in that volt range untill i turnd it back down to 57 volts even for my subs, and i tell ya what with the amp set at 56 volts my 8 15s are wanging like a mofo

really, thats good to hear!

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

well im gettin a shipment of PA amps in today :) i ordered 1 PS1-5500d and 1 OV1-5500d and im really lookin foward to puttin em to tha test from what i can tell they are the exact same amps jus with diff covers and if they are any good im gonna start keepin em in stock because my dealer price is really nice and i can make a killin off of em if they really do 3200wrms@1 ohm

Edited by basshead

whats a killer deal?....lol i still need the one more and if i can afford them i would like to get 2 more for a total of 4 and strapem and run 2 amps on 4 subs =D~

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

so for the $300 ya'll think its a good amp,i might just use it for my btl 18 then,i dont have a line driver so i'll just have to piddle around with it for a few to get it right then,

1998 gmc sierra

h/u:eclipse cd3200

sub:dd9518g d1.5

amp:jl e300/4

sub amp:dd m2a

front stage:id ctx65cs

dc power 270 alt

lots of kicker 1/0