Sonic Electronix

So here's the thing... I've been looking around for some 15" subs and came across a Power Acoustik MOFO 15"... I've personally never been a huge fan of PA, but after seeing some of the videos, that thing seems to pound like a MOFO for the price. I guess the title is pretty given. I've also heard of people giving it 2kw rms. Does anyone have any input on how good it REALLY is? SQ for a daily driver on it decent? Any other subs around the same price you'd recommend over it that would be better for SPL? (Forgot to mention, I'm all about SPL, but I want a sub that's at least listenable to on solid music.) Thanks in advance, guys. :)

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

Thanks guys for your replies (Although both are vastly different). Do you happen to have any suggestions on what to get for around $150-$200?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

For $150-200? I'd recommend these.. http://www.audioque.com/Street-Duty-SDC25-15-Subwoofer_p_12.html

If your going for SPL, just look around. There's DD, Sundown, SA, RD, RE, Fi, just look around and find what you want. Endless possibilities.

If anybody in the Sacramento area has a vehicle for sale for less than $1,500 get at me. I'm open to almost anything that runs.

• 1 month later...

lol I am guessing no1 here has had pa subs and amps cause I am going to be posting a video up soon after my box is built and show you what my 2 p3s can do just metered today in a box 1 cu.ft off with a pa 4000/1 bamf I am hitting a 139.5 seems pretty good to me for 2 p3 12s I learned something on these kinda sites its not about the price and namebrand its all on the install and what you know you can have 2 sony 12s with a 1200w kicker amp and make them hit a 120+ I know I done it pa is made by soundstream so your getting soundstream quality just a different name.

lol I am guessing no1 here has had pa subs and amps cause I am going to be posting a video up soon after my box is built and show you what my 2 p3s can do just metered today in a box 1 cu.ft off with a pa 4000/1 bamf I am hitting a 139.5 seems pretty good to me for 2 p3 12s I learned something on these kinda sites its not about the price and namebrand its all on the install and what you know you can have 2 sony 12s with a 1200w kicker amp and make them hit a 120+ I know I done it pa is made by soundstream so your getting soundstream quality just a different name.

If you've got 2 12's off 1200 watts and you're NOT hitting 120dB you're probably doing something horribly wrong.

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

hhhmmmm :ehh:

except hes also talking about SQ not just numbers....and nothing can replace quality.

edit: teamHT said it MUCH better vvv

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco