Fair price for balancing 24's?

I've had these 24's for about a year now, have only been driven on for about 4 months due to winter time. But ever since i've had them @ 60mph+ the steering wheel gets super shaky. A good friend of mine manages the rent n roll locally so i took them to him to get balanced since they deal with oversized rims daily. Well needless to say, everytime i take them there, they say they are definitely un-balanced, they do there thing and i'm on my way..nothing changes..still shaking and everything. It's too the point where i don't even wanna deal with it no more. I called around to different shops, and TD performance said they can balance them for 25 each. is that a good price? or should i call around to some more places?? One place told me when you have a tire that small (255/30/24) there's no getting around it and i just have to live with it..well my boy has a cutlass on 28's with bands and his rides like a dream compared to mine..

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

Shaking isn't from misalignment. Premature wear is. If you have a Sears Auto Center near you call them up and ask. I work at one part time and I know our store would have no problem doing it. I think we charge around 12-15 per tire. Have them do a suspension/steering evaluation also (it's free at our store).

Cactus Sounds USA Team Captain

Multiple World Record Holders

Shaking isn't from misalignment. Premature wear is. If you have a Sears Auto Center near you call them up and ask. I work at one part time and I know our store would have no problem doing it. I think we charge around 12-15 per tire. Have them do a suspension/steering evaluation also (it's free at our store).

steering wheel shaking can certainly be from front end alignment.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I should've added that my stock 17's ride perfect..i could go 90 with no shake/vibration..

I could see the alignment being an issue but how come in the same day i put the 4's on and it rides totally different? As stated, right when i put the stock wheels on it rode fine, now it rides like shit..

2004 Explorer Limited

24" Lexani "pyros" wrapped in 255/30/24 pirelli's

270 Amp MechMan Alt.

(2)Stinger SPP-2150's

(2)Sundown NightShade 15's

IA 40.1

thats about how much we charge if anything we would do it for $15-20 just to get you taken care off

theres different ways of balancing them so that will also affect it, the best way to tell what way is best is if you had a picture of the back of the wheel

my 24s ride smooth and are spoke balanced so that you cant see the weights :ninja:

Archived