greatblack Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 how much was it to get that 15 to you shipped because i've been looking at a 18 and i've gotten a price for a aa havoc 18 shippeo\d and i'm trying to see how big the price gap is. look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
canderton01 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 The only option I got was the extra spider($5) and I got it shipped to my door for around $305 iirc A stock Q18 will probably run you about $330 shipped. 2002 Camry XLE 35% tints all around 17'' Enkei FD-05 rims Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz Pioneer DEH-P7200HD AudioQue AQ1200d 4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's mids/highs - OEM JBL system AudioTechnix Deadner Big 3 upgrade My YouTube
greatblack Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 i just decided to "order" a fi 18" q to see if it would tell me the shipping. It did so its $54 dollars more for a 18 havoc compared to a havoc to my door. is it worth it? any body with experience haha. and what does the extra spider do $5 buck is defiantly doable Oh and then a 18" bl is $350 to my door so its in the middle 20 less then the havoc and 25 more than the Q how does that sub compare geez haha so many questions it was 315 for the Q haha so close look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
BanginOnABudget Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 i love all the sub bashing going on, and i bet 95% of every FI owners dont even have decent enclosures designed around their subs. Personally man, i say go with the Q, because at the end of the day, you really want SQ. sure, being loud is nice, not that you cant get loud with a Q, but you really want something nice, not something bold. just my $0.02 im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
canderton01 Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 I haven't had any experience with AA or the BL so I couldn't give you a fair answer. I do know BL is definitely geared more towards SPL so keep that in mind. And the extra spider just helps with the mechanical power handling. Well worth the $5 imo. You can see what all the different options do on fi's tech page. As far as AA vs Fi, you won't be disappointed either way. Both build badass subs. I've heard AA's can get a little louder on the same power but again i've had no experience with them so I really couldn't say. If it was me and I had the money, I'd probably go with the havoc. But I'm a college kid with limited funds haha, and the Q15 is still an awesome sub and I couldn't be happier with it 2002 Camry XLE 35% tints all around 17'' Enkei FD-05 rims Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz Pioneer DEH-P7200HD AudioQue AQ1200d 4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's mids/highs - OEM JBL system AudioTechnix Deadner Big 3 upgrade My YouTube
Ford302Redneck Posted February 19, 2011 Report Posted February 19, 2011 i love all the sub bashing going on, and i bet 95% of every FI owners dont even have decent enclosures designed around their subs. Personally man, i say go with the Q, because at the end of the day, you really want SQ. sure, being loud is nice, not that you cant get loud with a Q, but you really want something nice, not something bold. just my $0.02 I hope your not talking about me? As I've hand my hands on BTL(first gen) ,BL(3inch coil) ,Q(original), and SSD(original). Also, Mayhem. And I've designed and built boxes for all of them. Don't sit there and say I don't know to properly design a box either. As I have my 12 Q in 2.3cuft with 2 4inch aeros 26inchs long. I can't remember the tuning, but it loves 28-35hz. The 15 BL I spent plenty of time with was in a box I designed, 4cuft with 3 4inch Aeros. I don't remember all the details of this one. But it PEAKED at 28hz. Do I need to go on?
coolieboy Posted February 20, 2011 Author Report Posted February 20, 2011 What power/amp, box size, and electrical upgrades do you have? Thanks all for your inputs it helped me alot. As far as upgrades I have: I haven't found anyone who can upgrade my alt as yet but i'm still looking. 1- KHC1400 under the hood 1- KHC1800 mids & highs 1- KHC2400 sub 0 guage throughout 360.2 Amp thinking about a DAT or BRZ2400 I am keeping my stock radio. I don't know the box size yet it depends on the sub.
Ford302Redneck Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 I would honestly stay away from DAT. Seems they had to go out of business cause of having to many faulty amps. Plus you have no warranty. Nothing bad about the company, just the actually buildhouse got cheap on them.
hdorre Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 You're looking for a DAT? *sniff* Do I smell smoke? Lol I would look into an Audioque AQ2200D. I would personally get a loaded Q or 4in BL for it. OldsBoomer had a Fully Loaded Q on an AQ2200D, and seemed to love it. On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
greatblack Posted February 20, 2011 Report Posted February 20, 2011 i love all the sub bashing going on, and i bet 95% of every FI owners dont even have decent enclosures designed around their subs. Personally man, i say go with the Q, because at the end of the day, you really want SQ. sure, being loud is nice, not that you cant get loud with a Q, but you really want something nice, not something bold. just my $0.02 is it possible to get loud and sound good with a q. look at my super internets it beast! http://speedtest.net/result/906958776.png
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.