Sundown Audio

Audioque AQ750 released!

hdorre

I know alot of people are using AQ & I'm just wondering what's makes them any better?

The specs are horrible & not impressive at all.. I understand for STRICTLY SPL they don't matter that much, but to see a damping factor LOWER than 150...damn That's in the Boss, Pyramid range...

am I missing something?? Tons of watts are NO good unless you have control....hence Damping Factor!!

Guess you get what you pay for...

First that number means nothing because the companies dont give you the impedance so there is no meaningful comparison to make. It could be 100 at 1 ohm or 8 ohms who knows... But the amps have been tested, compared, and critiqued by thousands of people on all these website and boss is nowhere near thier level. Feel free to run boss is you want, to each his own.

you are correct.. They don't give the FULL specs, but most cheap, internet companies are known to inflate these numbers... If that's the best he could come up with...that sucks

I'm not saying these don't put out alot of power, i'm sure they do... Power acoustiks put out power & i'm sure you can load 30 x 3000w cheap amps (Boss, Pyramid, Power Acoustik) & still hit high numbers...

But I guess i'm in the crowd of quality over quantity... I would prefer to spend a little more money on amplifier that puts out CLEAN power...not just noise...

Idk how you can say its just noise but ill just leave it alone. I agree about the qualit thing your saying but i definetly dont think AQ, sundown,dc, ect ect are just noise makers..

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

I've looked at Sundowns, DCs website & it seems in order to have a single high power amp (over 3k), you sacrifice ALOT of SQ... Granted, I know at 5K i'm sure SQ is not the main goal..haha

Anybody have reports on how damping, THD, Signal to noise affects SPL scores.... Does it?

would having a HIGH damping, at lets say 500-1000+ increase SPL? More control is the key, right?

If you think aq just makes noise your wrong. Aq makes clean power for the price. Might not be as wonderful as sundown or Rf but aq make quality amps and subs for a reasonable price. I own aq amps and I think I always will because I don't have the money to be spending on all the nice expensive shit but I do like using my money wisely and audioque helps me out with that.

just ordered one tuesday night!! ill give a report on it as soon as it comes in. hopefully tomorrow. maybe monday though. itll be pushing and sdc 2.5 15" with a 3.1 cube box tuned to 33 hz! CANT WAIT! (going in friends car)

BUILD LINK: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/112034-2-sundown-18s-98-f-150/page__p__1565972__fromsearch__1#entry1565972

98 Ford F-150
Truck:
37" superswamper tsl radials
16" ion alloy wheels
3" body lift
2" suspension lift
Offbrand brushguard
PIAA driving lights
6000K HID's
System:
2 18" Sundown Nightshaed
Aq3500
Custom Fiberglass box
fosgate T1 6x8 Coxials
bass inferno 2000 watt 4 channel
2 XS power d3100's
0 Gauge

Can anyone hear 5% thd? Let alone through the subs? I find someone simply hating without a plausible reason or factual knowledge to show why someone should choose another route. The amount of clean power put out for the money is very well placed, which makes them pretty popular.

Grab one of your example boss Audios and explain how 60-90 amps of fusing is going to put out a consistent clean 1000 watts. Blah blah blah

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If you think aq just makes noise your wrong. Aq makes clean power for the price. Might not be as wonderful as sundown or Rf but aq make quality amps and subs for a reasonable price. I own aq amps and I think I always will because I don't have the money to be spending on all the nice expensive shit but I do like using my money wisely and audioque helps me out with that.

I agree 100%. Other dude just knows everything and wants to let everyone know that

I agree 100%. Other dude just knows everything and wants to let everyone know that

he might know everything but its all false. I freaking love my aq's

Hell yeah AQ is great!! I had a AQ 2200 a could amps ago now running DC. Same build house quality is just as good if not better. But i still have the hdc3s, love em!!

My point is you have ALOT of amplifiers to choose from. Yes the AQ are cheap & the money for actual watts are pretty good...

I've owned ALOT of equipment & installed customers equipment for many, many years. I know humans don't have the best memory when it comes to sound...

BUT

Working with "High End" equipment for many years & pulling out cheap equipment, you understand WHY some equipment costs more..

Example... I would prefer a JL Audio 500/1 wired at 4ohm (same power at 1.5-4ohm & from 11-14.4v -THD <0.05% @ 4ohm, Damping >500 @ 4ohm) over a AQ amplifier that puts out 1000wrms at 14.4, at 1ohm, with horrible specs...

I'm sure these are pretty close in wattage, even though they are rated different...

I guess what makes some amps stand out is when they are under load... When amps are driving to the max, some stay strong, some do not... I would like to see a comparison between these two amps, not just SPL numbers but between 2-3 people listening...

I used that example because you can buy them off ebay for $150-200 range..

Anyways, spend you money how you want... Just trying to figure out why sacrifice so much quality for little wattage gain?? Could you answer that?

Archived