Sonic Electronix

In my opinion the average person doesn't really know what SQ is but they understand loud and what makes my ears ring

Exactly what I was about to say.

I personally have yet to hear (in person) a system that has shiity quality and a system that has good quality at the same loudness, so I can't really judge what good SQ is.

Although I'm sure if something is really distorted, it'd be easy to pick out.

I like the oldschool one..

TDHsiggy.png

Current System: Stock 2011 Tahoe

Loud as F**K

Just kidding

for the most part you will see the sq guys turn their nose up and tell you it's not real. but they are talking the classification of sql, not really saying you can't have a sq based system that has an over whelming bass stage. then you get the guys who are wanna be sq guys telling you that it's not possible because sq has to be 100% flat and anything else sounds like shit.

Another post I agree with.

What is wrong with you tonight?

Basically my idea is something people have to open their mind to understand.

It just wasn't till tonight, I realized SQ for the most part.

I knew it wasn't just 100% flat, and I knew you wanted everything in front of you.

But low volume levels is boring to me. I like loud music at times, but I do want a true front stage at moderate levels.

I agree with you for once.

I just wanted to prove SQ(L) is possible, cause over on SSA, they swear it isn't.

But having SQ loud same time, I would agree you cant. But I do think you can have best of both worlds. At separate times. That is all.

Mostly it's just the hard core SQ purists that will get all bent over the term SQL. SQ is not loud, so you cant have the L in there. I am not bashing their opinions.......to each their own and that is what make it fun for everyone, but spending all that money to sit under a tree with the car off to enjoy it is not for me. I wanna turn my shit way the hell up and it not sound like ass. Hell make up a term for that, I really don't give a fuck what you call it. LOL

That said,

I believe it can be done somewhat. In fact USACI has SQ+ where you get a point for each db, so there is at least hope for a ground pounder with a nice front stage.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

I remember seeing a old Gnx i think it was,with hlcd up front under the dash. And it had an IB setup in the rear. It was an sq car won a championship I believe. Amazing sounding car for the time. Anyone that has heard hlcd's will tell you they can peirce a damn eardrum. Just because an sq car doesn't rattle and flex doesn't mean they are not loud. So i guess your definition of loud could effect your perspective on sq vs spl. Loud to the ear and taking away your breath are only as related as you make them. Some people want to hear it. some people want to feel it. I personally like to hear and feel it. Which is somewhere in between the two. But it's real hard to take a sub that rattles and shakes your car, turn it down and it just fall in tune with a dynamic front stage. The balance would be off to a trained ear.

My .02

Looking for a CRX to get back in the game.

And a gas tank for my 01 r6. Hit the PM

buddy of mine has one of those mercedes SUVs with a full Focal setup. The truck is already deadly quite and that helps bring the gear out. Gets loud enough to hurt your ears, but sounds wonderful at the same time.

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Today I got to thinking about SQL. And how people don't like people to use this, as they think it doesn't describe exactly what they are looking for. Yet I just rethought the idea and I've decided that, yes it came describe exactly what people are looking for.

Let me break it down.

SQL means Sound Quality Loud.

As mostly a sound quality is rather quite.

So now your saying you can't have true sound quality loud. So yeah that doesn't make any sense.

But I'm thinking, why can't you?

I want good SQ, but I think listening to music a average/moderate levels are boring so why can't I have the best of both worlds?

At normal listening level, have a great front stage, with good imaging. And then when I'm in the mood, able to have it at very loud levels, where those key features on SQ doesn't matter.

I just think SQL is exactly what I want. Good SQ to reasonable levels, yet loud when I turn the volume knob up.

Just my thoughts. Nobody has to agree. I just figured I'd share this.

This is EXACTLY what i have done with my Volvo.

I have achieved the European Championship SoundQuality and became within a week Vice Champion dBdrag with the same install.

Bright, clear, sparkling and extremely loud!

That's what i like!

p.s my build log is somewhere at this forum.

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

generalbunkersignature2.jpg

______Some people and performances are beyond words______

Chairman of the foundation "Propper-Droppers Holland" 2012

Founder of the European delegation of `Propper-Droppers' 2011

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ MultiMedia advanced 2010

European Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

Dutch Champion EMMA SQ experienced 5 channel 2007

BeNeLux vice Champion dB-drag street-A 2007

Dutch vice Champion dB-drag ministreet-sedan 2004

Propper Droppers is about deep, ground wobbling, elephant-and-whale stimulating Street Bass.

The deep stuff. We test at different frequencies from deep, to low to snake’s belly. (Like 20Hz anyone?)

If it wasn't for you today Lance, I wouldn't of made this thread.

So anybody complaining, blame Lance.

Actually, I am very impressed this thread was pretty civil. Nice job fellas.

So, it is possible to have this discussion without some elitist SQ snob jumping in and showing his E penis? lol

@General, your Volvo looks really nice. Good job man.

I have personally made up my mind to add some HLCD horns in my install. I believe it would be very possible to achieve a nice wide and centered sound stage even at the levels my Yukon is capable of playing (150+). Right now, I feel the tweeter in my set up is the weak link and believe some horns will certainly help. Maybe add a tweeter up in the A pillar and aim at the rear view mirror playing only the really high frequencies to raise it if needed. My truck has always been hard to get the sound stage up above middle of the dash about radio level even with my Dynaudio and a more modest sub stage.

I really hope this topic can stay the course.

2001 Yukon XL

Sitting on 35 x 12.50 x 20, XD Monsters

Headunit: Clarion DXZ785USB

Front: B&C 10NW64 10" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Rear: B&C 8NDL51 8" Neodymium Woofer, Crescendo XST2

Mids & Highs Amps: MB Quart DSC 4125, MB Quart DSC 480

Subs: 4 18" SSA ZCONS

Sub Amps: 4 GP3K Pro

Electrical: Iraggi 260a, 3 tejcurrent 240a, tejcurrent quad bracket

Kinetik - 6 HC2400

ssa_team.png

My Build Log

I am an "elitist SQ snob" I just happen to hate all of the classifications and the need to have your stereo "fit" a certain one

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived