Sub to Amp wiring question

I've got a 2 ohm DVC sub and a Cadence ZRS-C65 with two outputs with 2 ohm minimum impedance. Can I put each voice coil on a output? I am asking because obviously I only get 1200 watts RMS off of each output, but the combined output is 2400 watts RMS. Hopefully that makes sense, pics below to explain more:

991338da-cf88-46c6-b519-715f1ff10c32_2.jpg

Untitled.jpg

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-Alpine KTP-445 Power Pack

-Polk Audio db6501 (front components)

-Polk Audio db651 (back coaxials)

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Custom box tuned to 33Hz

- Kinetik HC1400

- 50 ft2 of Audio Technix sound deadner

- Big 3

My photography page

I hate to say it, but it looks like you cant do that.. The reasoning is that the amplifier you are using is a monoblock which has 1 output, just because it has 2 sets of terminals dosent mean they arent connected inside the amplifier. if you hook that sub up like you want to that amp will be seeing 1 ohm. you are gonna have to wire them in series and take the 4 ohm load to the amp, which i think puts you around like 800rms?? I would either get another sub and run two subs @4ohms then paralelled to the amp (2 ohms) or get a different amp altogether.. GOOD LUCK!

2006 Silverado Ext. Cab

6-15" SSA ZCONS

4th Order Blow-Through

Pioneer AVH-P4200dvd

American Bass VFL 1100.1 12 volt

6 C&D Batteries

2-350A Singer Alternators and Stock Alt

DC Power Triple Alt Kit

MLA Module

3 Runs of 1/0

2 Sets of Boston Acoustics 6.5 Pro Components

Boston Acoustics 2-channel

Lots of Sound Deadener

....Build still in Progress...

typically amps like this are internally paralleled. so it would be the same as if you wired the sub in parallel and only used one + n -. thats how my s2000.1 is so i just paralleled and ran one set of pos n neg

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

I hate to say it, but it looks like you cant do that.. The reasoning is that the amplifier you are using is a monoblock which has 1 output, just because it has 2 sets of terminals dosent mean they arent connected inside the amplifier. if you hook that sub up like you want to that amp will be seeing 1 ohm. you are gonna have to wire them in series and take the 4 ohm load to the amp, which i think puts you around like 800rms?? I would either get another sub and run two subs @4ohms then paralelled to the amp (2 ohms) or get a different amp altogether.. GOOD LUCK!

hmmm it seems more like the amp is 1 ohm internally...? and both terminals can see a minimum of 2 ohms...? That's what I see from that amp, it wouldn't make much sense if each terminal was only 4 ohm stable... and put 2 ohm stable next to it...

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

typically amps like this are internally paralleled. so it would be the same as if you wired the sub in parallel and only used one + n -. thats how my s2000.1 is so i just paralleled and ran one set of pos n neg

Ah I think I understand what your saying better than the first one... so what you're saying is to get a Dual 4 ohm and wire it down to 2 ohms and put the pos. in one and neg. in the corresponding other one? (Like having only the green wire in the diagram)

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

I really despise these types of amps because it says MONOblock, but has two terminals... I guess my real question is: How the heck do I wire one subwoofer and have it receive the full 2400 watts RMS?

edit: I'll come up with some diagrams to explain how I am thinking later... but any help right now is appreciated

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

Hopefully these clear up my question. I don't really know if I want one or two subs yet, but I want to try to understand how to wire these amps with two terminals...

All subs with be Dual 4 ohm so i can wire it down to 2 ohm...

3.jpg

^ Am I getting all 2400 watts RMS on that sub? ^

2.jpg

^ Am I getting 1200 watts RMS on each sub? ^

Edited by manofthehour

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3

My photography page

I really despise these types of amps because it says MONOblock, but has two terminals... I guess my real question is: How the heck do I wire one subwoofer and have it receive the full 2400 watts RMS?

edit: I'll come up with some diagrams to explain how I am thinking later... but any help right now is appreciated

but why? a mono block amp is a mono block amp. doesn't matter how many channels it has. if i had an 8k amp with 8 'channels' i'd be happy as i could wire multiple subs to it without having to cram wires into 1 single terminal. using 1 terminal is the same as using 8 terminals in a mono block amp.

Hopefully these clear up my question. I don't really know if I want one or two subs yet, but I want to try to understand how to wire these amps with two terminals...

All subs with be Dual 4 ohm so i can wire it down to 2 ohm...

3.jpg

^ Am I getting all 2400 watts RMS on that sub? ^

2.jpg

^ Am I getting 1200 watts RMS on each sub? ^

the top one...if it's a 4 ohm DVC sub then yes, that's a 2 ohm load on the amp. the bottom...that's a 1 ohm load if the subs are 4 ohm DVC subs. they'd have to be 8 ohm DVC to get a 2 ohm load on the amp wired like that.

and really...try to use more contrasting colors if you're going to make a diagram. makes it much easier to read. straight lines also help with the straight tool. and if you're using paint, the text button also makes typing much easier than scribbling. just sayin :shrug:

im sorry man, but you are not going to see anywhere near 2400 watts RMS from that amplifier.

a simple way to determine output of an amplifier (most of the time) is to calculate the fusing provided on the amp itself

14.4 (volts) * 120 (amps of fusing) = 1728 watts

now lets add in the efficiency (because no electrical component is 100%)

1728 * .8 (typical efficiency) = 1382 watts RMS

this isnt a set-in-stone method to determine, but it can give you a good idea of what your amplifier will feed your woofers.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

im sorry man, but you are not going to see anywhere near 2400 watts RMS from that amplifier.

a simple way to determine output of an amplifier (most of the time) is to calculate the fusing provided on the amp itself

14.4 (volts) * 120 (amps of fusing) = 1728 watts

now lets add in the efficiency (because no electrical component is 100%)

1728 * .8 (typical efficiency) = 1382 watts RMS

this isnt a set-in-stone method to determine, but it can give you a good idea of what your amplifier will feed your woofers.

That doesn't seem to take in account of the resistance (ohms?) Unless that's the maximum output, but in that case I had an amp without an internal fuse, so I can make the output wattage whatever I want? (Obviously not a ridiculous amount, but my example is cadences TXA-1000D didn't have an internal fuse, so I put a 200 amp external fuse on it... so therefore the supposedly 1000 watt amp put out almost 3000 watts?) I'm just trying to understand it, not trying to be a smart ass or anything lol, thanks for that formula method btw, seems handy

My stuff

'06 Scion xA:

-Alpine iDa-x100

-2 RE Audio SEX12D4s

-Cadence F1200-1D

- Kinetik HC1400

- Big 3