Which school to attend  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Which will look better to a college?

• Top 10 out of 105 students with little extra cirriculars
    • Top 35 out of 350 with a fair amount of extra cirriculars

I know I'm just a sophmore, but this choice has really been kicking my ass. I'm currently at a school specifically geared towards people with learning disabilities (I have ADD) that is pretty well known but not for academic excellence but rather academic support. I'm in the top 10 of my 105 person class, play sports because they are required, and take a half-assed music production class (for credit more than anything else). The school I was previously at is very prestigious academically as well as known for sports. I would be in about the top 30 or 40 students of a class of 350, and have extra circulars in Jazz Band, music production, hockey, wood-shop, and design and engineering. I want to go to a school like Texas Tech, not necessarily an Ivey League school, but somewhere with a well-known technology curriculum. Which do you think would look better to a college?

EDIT: the school I'm currently attending is Private, the school I used to attend is Public.

Edited by bumpinTL364

masterbation is free, and even saves you money.sorry but someone had to say it

sorry, Jimmy...beat you to it (no pun intended)

LOLDON'T get a wife. Best advice I never got, and now it's too late <_<

My build: 12" DCON in a dorm room.

New/current build: 8" woofer, custom amplifier block, fiberglassed speaker pods

honestly i dont think thats a proper judgement for the possibility of getting into a college. yes extra curriculars are good. but they focus mostly on your gpa and sat/act scores. i had good sat/act scores, but my gpa wasnt so good. i got like a 1200 on sats and had a 2.6 gpa. my sat scores had me eligible to many schools but the gpa hurt me. id say focus on those things more then worrying about top in class. especially a class of only 100 or 350 people. those are pretty small numbers.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Get out of a school that just makes excuess for kids not being able to concentrate. Sorry not trying to talk down on you but the fact that we have schools just to help kids concentrate is insane. The kids need to focus they can if they want to. Switch schools, the colleges could look at the high school your at now and see you need a handicap and will not want to deal with it.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

Get out of a school that just makes excuess for kids not being able to concentrate. Sorry not trying to talk down on you but the fact that we have schools just to help kids concentrate is insane. The kids need to focus they can if they want to. Switch schools, the colleges could look at the high school your at now and see you need a handicap and will not want to deal with it.

this is very true. I'm only here because I had a crap last year because I didn't know till the last term of the year. Most of the kids here seem like just total fuck offs, in and out of school. my GPA here is a 3.9, at my old school it'd be like a 3.5-3.6. And honestly, there are some classes and people that are so stupid that I literally feel insulted to be in the room.

yup its just an excuse so parents dont have to face the fact their kid is a total idiot. Im 19 and I am tired of all the breaks kids get. O they have this O they have that. They make up so many medical disorders now for people I cant keep up. Yea you got ADD/ADHD take the meds or learn to control yourself. If you couldn't do that 50 years ago your dad would beat your ass. Parents want to be to nice and make up to many excuess for why their kids fail and cant concentrate on anything other then playing video games and feeding their fat ass. Now I will agree their are kids that do have mental dissabilities and they should have their own classes to help them in the manner they need.

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I have mild ADD, but its something I usually can catch, and control.

And honestly it effected my learning at school quiet a bit, but I didn't see the need for a special school(I didn't know they offered such a thing).

I always just gave a little more effort than wanting somebody to help me with it.

When you get to college, nobody is going to care what kind of disorder you have. Or actually in life(job force).

I'm not trying to talk bad about you, but just giving you a heads up.

The only way you can do better is YOU. Not going to a special school because you have a small problem. And then wanting something extra.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the fact everybody is forced to learn one way in public schools. I think honestly, that's why we have a lot of drop outs and such. Not everybody is equal, and therefore cannot learn the same way.

Example. Some people learn by reading. This is not me. I can to a certain degree, but I'm more of a hands owns type, and its also, better if I have somebody to show me first.

Enough rant.

Best advise is work hard. Keep your grades up, make sure you have the minimal requirements and get good test scores.

Then once at college, really work hard. You only get one shot, make sure you make it count.

yup its just an excuse so parents dont have to face the fact their kid is a total idiot. Im 19 and I am tired of all the breaks kids get. O they have this O they have that. They make up so many medical disorders now for people I cant keep up. Yea you got ADD/ADHD take the meds or learn to control yourself. If you couldn't do that 50 years ago your dad would beat your ass. Parents want to be to nice and make up to many excuess for why their kids fail and cant concentrate on anything other then playing video games and feeding their fat ass. Now I will agree their are kids that do have mental dissabilities and they should have their own classes to help them in the manner they need.

Meds aren't always a option. I have add/adhd really bad and I was on meds from 1st grade to 8th and the didn't have an effect on my listening. I still wouldn't pay attention no matter how much I tried. I still lose track of what I'm doing all day every day. Nothing will help.

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

Semi harsh, but some truth to what you said.

I really like the constructive criticism here. Yes I agree meds aren't always an option, although there are many different types and what I currently take is helping me quite a bit. There's a fine line between getting a break and getting help. I had no idea why I was doing so badly in school before I found out, and no it's something I can feel and control almost all the time. I try to work as hard as I can, I love being active and living a full life (I'm no fat ass with parents who just want to give excuses). I do like this school because of it's curriculum, but I really feel like I've been losing out because the classes I took last year were so much more advanced than what I get here. Another one of my problems/concerns is that I missed a lot and will have to catch up, but I'm willing to take classes during the summer to go back.