tubes92 Posted February 22, 2011 Report Posted February 22, 2011 mine was 150 bucks Just trying to be loud....
Chipper Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 Can I ask what's the amount of distance it can't be heard? My small system: Rockford Fosgate Punch 200.2 Rockford Fosgate Punch XLC 12"
kl0wn Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 Can I ask what's the amount of distance it can't be heard? It's varies depending on the state. Here is VA it is 50feet last time I checked. I had to pay $150 and go to defensive driving when I got mine 3 years ago. 06 Mini Cooper S Sundown, SoundQubed Cadence, XS Power 151s Sealed 155s Outlaw Windshield @ 37hz
jack Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 ca it is 50 ft and in some cities it is 25 feet. there is no db level, the law is "if it can be heard" keep in mind by the law a stock stereo can break the law. @50ft if ya broke the law you know you did, just pay the piper http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=29213 "sleeper build" (1) DC AUDIO Level4XL 10 (2) PowermasterD2700 batteries ALL FOR SALE TEAM DC AUDIO TEAM DIRTFLOORPOOR
bass_stalker Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 shit i had a sheriff wrote me a ticket for my two 6 1/2's on my quad. it all depends who you get and how loud you were actually playing it. my ticket was 125 dollars. but i fought it and it was dropped because the parish doesn't have any control over four wheelers JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.
sprkn_ranger Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 The key is to have a system loud enough to where the cop thinks it's coming from someone elses car haha, seriously tho I have been told 50ft (I'm in cali) but it really depends on the cop, it comes down to his discretion. Check out my build log! 4 Havocs in a blowthrough http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/187506-sprkn-rangers-blowthrough-build/
tubes92 Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 in Michigan it 100 yards but they pulled me over when there 20 feet away which is dum and he pulled me over at 7 and wrote on the ticket it was 10 Just trying to be loud....
langsdon2 Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 Just another issue of the man sticking it to you Bang em if you got em
techforce Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 I have been thinking... (I just got ANOTHER $156 one myself)... What if you were to buy a couple snacks, make some magnetic signs saying your an ice cream truck and then play your beat... ???? Ice Cream trucks have to play loud music to advertise and are exempt???? Keep the snacks in there and if the cop says anything, that should prove that your an ice cream vendor???? Just make the prices on your stuff real high... snow cone $300... coke $975... Demos FREE...
techforce Posted February 23, 2011 Report Posted February 23, 2011 The key is to have a system loud enough to where the cop thinks it's coming from someone elses car haha, seriously tho I have been told 50ft (I'm in cali) but it really depends on the cop, it comes down to his discretion. That don't work if you have a decal on the back of your truck with a guy holding his ears that reads 150+db followed by a decal that says Drive By 130+db Certified... I tried telling the cop that is was the 90 year old woman in the Buick next to me... he just knodded his head and handed me the ticket... (How come cops have no sense of humor when you are paying thier salary with the ticket they just handed you?)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.