what router bits to use?

i have a craftsman router, nothing fancy.

DSCN0530.JPG

i need to make rings around the subs for a fiberglass project, but they have so many different ones, i dont know which one to use.

also, is the perfect circle from mobile solutions the only good circle jig out there, i know of the jasper one, but i heard those break easy

thanks

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

i made my own circle jig out of 1/4" mdf i had laying around. cheap and easy. just make sure you have some scrap mdf to test your holes with. id recommend a 1/2" upspiral cut bit, 1/4" will work too but is more likely to flex under load.

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

X2^^^^ making your own is simple and save cash

Edit: there is plenty of youtube how to vids

Edited by Trâgîk

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

i made my own circle jig out of 1/4" mdf i had laying around. cheap and easy. just make sure you have some scrap mdf to test your holes with. id recommend a 1/2" upspiral cut bit, 1/4" will work too but is more likely to flex under load.

Hey do you wax your circle jig before using it? I have always done this with home made jigs but wanted others opinions on this. And to the op, it's easy to make your own just make sure your measurements are accurate.

Hey do you wax your circle jig before using it? I have always done this with home made jigs but wanted others opinions on this. And to the op, it's easy to make your own just make sure your measurements are accurate.

ive never heard of waxing the jig. it goes pretty smooth already being mdf

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

Is it like using a compass for math?

And can I find this bit at lowes or do I have to order it

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

Yeah you can get it at lowes, homedepot, sears etc.

If you decide to make your own circle jig then you can use a 1/2in bit. But if you get the jasper then you have to use the 1/4in bit.

Make sure you get a 1in x 1/4 or 1in x 1/2 so you can cut all the way through 1in or 3/4in MDF.

I was using a bit like this, but it was 1in x 1/4in. They broke on me two times. And yes I was going slow and cutting in the correct direction.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_31056-353-85279MC_0__?productId=1082821&Ntt=router+bit&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Drouter%2Bbit%26page%3D2

Then I bought one like this, so far so good.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_57163-353-85911MC_0__?productId=1093177&Ntt=bosch+router+bit&pl=1&currentURL=%2Fpl__0__s%3FNtt%3Dbosch%2Brouter%2Bbit

Edited by Rell

spiral upcut is a great bit. And the jasper jig is nice too. I like it. I don't understand why people break them so easily. I tend to take care of my things. It hasn't showed a sign of wear yet. but you can make your own. I had to make my own for a 2nd baffle flush mount on an 18" sub.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.