Second Skin Audio

New build

kookz

Some of the other subforums looked a bit dead so i decided to post here.

I recently sold some online game accounts that were a waste of time... ive accumilated $3800 so im putting it all towards my new build.

My vehicle is a 2007 Crownvic p71, currently have 2 12" type r's on 1200 watts, Stock electrical (200A alt), but will be doing big 3 with 0 gauge and adding another alt + battery bank later

I plan on taking a big step up and upgrading the subs and amp and most of the electrical.

Im debating between 2 BTL 15s, and 2 BTL 18's. Yea the 18's would fit in the trunk but they would be facing up rather than back with the 15's .Id be tuning them low to 31-32 hz(its a huge trunk i had some box designs lined up)

And would you guys have any recommendations for an amp to power the two 15" btls, and another option for the 18's. Id have about 1500-2000 to spend on an amp or less/more if theres better options

Thanks in advance!

Walled Police Interceptor

Four 15s

160s

Two btl's i think would take a DC 5k all day

-----SELLING EVERYTHING----

2 DC sound labs 3.5k's (still avail)

2 HDC312A D1's (still avail)

5 XS Power Batteries (1 d3400 and 1 d1200 left)

4 runs of knukoncepz 0 gauge (have all the wire still)

DC power 270XP alt (sold)

RF T1 6.5 components (both sold)

Powerbass XAX 4160 (still avail)

Custom built box 4.75^3 tuned 34hz (still avail)

Two btl's i think would take a DC 5k all day

This and I would also go with the 15s

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

I wouldn't do 18s!

I have the same car and have done it, yes its loud but honestly if ur going to do that u might as well put the box in the backseat :/ I would try to face subs and port forward because on thoes cars the trunk is very sealed off from the cabin, rite now I've got lvl 5 12s facing back with an 8" port facing forward, butmy car broke so I havnt even been able to play with tunning

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Thanks for the responses, im leaning towards the AQ3500 atm

I wouldn't do 18s!

I have the same car and have done it, yes its loud but honestly if ur going to do that u might as well put the box in the backseat :/ I would try to face subs and port forward because on thoes cars the trunk is very sealed off from the cabin, rite now I've got lvl 5 12s facing back with an 8" port facing forward, butmy car broke so I havnt even been able to play with tunning

thats pretty cool, So do you have the port facing above spare tire rack? so that it goes into the cabin?

Four 15s

160s

i have a 2000 Grand marq so i know the trunk. You could do 18s but itd be tight and youd have to port through the back seat or rear deck, so unless you wanna cut it up id stick with 15s.

Also as far as amps id strap 2 Crescendo 3ks with that money.

One more question? When you said adding another alt did you mean replacing your stock one with a H/O one or fabbing a dual alt bracket?

Thanks man and good luck

2000 Grand Marquis

Digital Designs 9512

Rockford T2000bd1

i have a 2000 Grand marq so i know the trunk. You could do 18s but itd be tight and youd have to port through the back seat or rear deck, so unless you wanna cut it up id stick with 15s.

One more question? When you said adding another alt did you mean replacing your stock one with a H/O one or fabbing a dual alt bracket?

Thanks man and good luck

thanks for the info, im leaning towards the 15's in a nice big box tuned Low, the 18's would be a huge hassle. As far as the alt i was going to be running my stock 200A + a h/o . The police package on my vic came with a 200A which isnt bad at all, id probably even have a shop upgrade the diodes and cooling in the stock one for even better voltage. Panthers ftw

Four 15s

160s

Thanks man and good luck

who u kidding 18s are ment for suvs or walls hahahha.... i did it anything is possiable, but i will guarentee that the 15s would be louder because they can breath, the box can only be 8 cubic feet with the 18s to have enought space realistically for a port and your amps and battereies needed for the 18s......

yes the box is raies up and about 1 foot high 1 foot deep and 42 inches across on the inside...... and it sits on the battery tray that has a board across the whole trunk, its about 66 inches wide, and holds each of my 4 channels on each side, then the board can rest on the battery tray and also hide most of my wires until i make the final trim peices.... and this leaves the 8" port barely enough room to fit into the fold down space in the backseat where i have cut a hole, that im going to make another trim peice for......

cuttting the back deck and seat out does gain you a lot of music into the car, but i dont think its really worth it

anyways my cars intake blew, then the main pully broke off breaking the woodriff key into the crankshaft and breaking the belt tensioner at the same time, and also roached 4 bearings blew a headgasket and smoke almost all of its valves..... so it must be found on road died compared to the 2000 grand marquis i had before hahahha fuck probably karma for the abuse that one took

should be back faster than ever on sunday.... ill get some pics for you when i go back up there

SCSB

Santa Cruz Speaker Box

Build logs:

Daily Driver Lemon Marquis

2 american bass 750.1s

350.4 on 14 focal 6.5s

sq 945 on 4 hertz tweeters

Mystery subs peepwall.gif

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

The Mustang 'dubbed' Shirley the project from bullet holes to badass

http://www.stevemead...cond-skin-time/

Archived